F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. We talk about horsepowwaaaaaas and tunes and whatnot here incessantly. Obviously we all love our twin turbskis and the power we get from them. But, in the end, our trucks really are more than just a motor.

Let's talk about that other stuff. Our trucks have a ton of features. I came from a '99 with a manual tranny. The power windows and mirrors we're really the only "options" it had, and before that an '87 with manual everything. As you can imagine, my 302A had me wide eyed in awe of the features this truck has.

What do you love about your truck? What options can you no longer do without? What does it have that you couldn't care less about?

My favorites, that I'll always have from now on, are the heated seats, backup camera, and remote start.

Tow mirrors. I bought the truck with standard mirrors. I thought I could deal with them since it's a half ton this go-round, and I don't tow that much any more. Nope. Never again. I won't leave the lot without them again.

In bed lighting. LOVE IT. I'm often loading up for a job early in the morning, or late the night before. The in bed lighting is invaluable. I will always have that, or add it, in the future.

Large screen head unit. I love the large screen, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker for me. If I found the right truck and this was the only thing missing, I could deal with that. I'd probably just do a tablet head unit upgrade.

The backup assist looks neat, but I still haven't even set it up.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
This was/ is my first truck so not much else to go on. I love the power! Love the 1 touch auto windows up front. My DD Dodge is only auto down on drivers side. Love rear sliding window! Love Screw Cab size! Love 6.5' bed (Could not handle a 5.5' bed).

Love the fact it doesn't have one of those big ugly touch screen radios or Nav units. (Can't stand that crap) I'm a minimalist when it comes to gadgets, my dash lights at night are always on the lowest dimmest setting.

2011: Added Tow mirrors, must have. Back up camera, must have. Under bumper lighting facing rear, must have.

Wished it had:

-Heated seats (might add one day as the leather seat covers are cold as hell in the winter)
-6 Speed manual trans. (I love pushing gears)

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was/ is my first truck so not much else to go on. I love the power! Love the 1 touch auto windows up front. My DD Dodge is only auto down on drivers side. Love rear sliding window! Love Screw Cab size! Love 6.5' bed (Could not handle a 5.5' bed).

Love the fact it doesn't have one of those big ugly touch screen radios or Nav units. (Can't stand that crap) I'm a minimalist when it comes to gadgets, my dash lights at night are always on the lowest dimmest setting.

2011: Added Tow mirrors, must have. Back up camera, must have. Under bumper lighting facing rear, must have.

Wished it had:

-Heated seats (might add one day as the leather seat covers are cold as hell in the winter)
-6 Speed manual trans. (I love pushing gears)
My powerstroke was a 6 speed manual. I agree, boy that was fun to drive tuned. Yeah, cab size is definitely great, and that rear seat folding all the way up adds a lot of storage space for me on a job. I would like cooled seats I think, but that wouldn't be a must have. I like the 1 touch windows, but it certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker or a must have for me.

You do know I can dim my 8" screen, right? Even turn it off? (Just joshing you haha.)

·
Administrator
7,829 Posts
Backup Camera on the 8" screen. When I get a rental vehicle or have to drive my wife's Forester, I ACTUALLY have to turn my head around to look back rather than just looking at the mirrors and the camera.

#firstworldproblems

·
Registered
423 Posts
I will always have a large screen with rear camera. I will always have to tow mirrors. I will always have the bed lights and rear reverse LEDs. The 6.5 bed is nice for hauling...just have to remember the overall length of this truck...it is hard to park sometimes, depending on the lot. I will always have heated seats due to my back. I LOVE the step tailgate...I wish we had the step in the rear bumper corners also (only good thing about Chevy)...plan to add an aftermarket bumper later. These trucks should come standard with spray in liners...that is my next must do.

AK4wheeler

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will always have a large screen with rear camera. I will always have to tow mirrors. I will always have the bed lights and rear reverse LEDs. The 6.5 bed is nice for hauling...just have to remember the overall length of this truck...it is hard to park sometimes, depending on the lot. I will always have heated seats due to my back. I LOVE the step tailgate...I wish we had the step in the rear bumper corners also (only good thing about Chevy)...plan to add an aftermarket bumper later. These trucks should come standard with spray in liners...that is my next must do.

AK4wheeler
I've never been around a factory tailgate step, but there is an add on step I want to try. If I turn out to use that frequently, a factory step may be added to my list on future purchases.

·
Registered
6,719 Posts
I added a folding step found on Amazon for around 50. Folds up on the tailgate and is removable in seconds. With truck lifted 4" on 2" taller tires it helps emensely. If ordering a truck I'd splurge for the step for sure.

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I added a folding step found on Amazon for around 50. Folds up on the tailgate and is removable in seconds. With truck lifted 4" on 2" taller tires it helps emensely. If ordering a truck I'd splurge for the step for sure.
That's the one I was talking about.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I love the power and the transmission combo. I find the 6spd uses the powerband really well, and the different ways you can control the trans (locking out upper gears, full manual mode, 2nd gear only mode.
Love how quiet it is inside compared mid 90's product I came from.
Love that Forscan is available to us.
Love the utility and how big the back seat area is.
Love the fact it is a total sleeper... not much out there in everyday driving that'll take off from a set of lights quicker (4wd launch).
Love the fact that it drives like a truck, but more on the sophisticated side.
Love how well it tows my 5500lbs TT.
Love more now with the mods I've done, including remote start.

Things I wish it had: Proper sunvisors that actually block the sun, full power seats, instead of just the lower for the driver's seat, maybe heated seats, but meh...(would save my mpg during warm up time).

I'm much more happy than not.

·
Administrator
4,074 Posts
Great thread Mitchell! I know the purpose of forums is to bounce "problems" off of other users, but it's also nice to see positives and what people ENJOY too.

Loves of my truck:
*The interior size- My family of 5 will fit in it, comfortably, for many years to come and never run out of leg room.
*Back-up camera- I never knew what I was missing before having this, now I wont ever own a vehicle without it.
*Power sliding rear glass
*Integrated tailgate step (stripper pole)- It comes in handy for the wife and kids and was a life saver when we moved into our new house right after my knee surgery
*Quiet, efficient, yet has awesome power
*looks sexy as hell...even without a lot of modifications

Things I wish it had- but can totally live without:

*Programmer w/ custom tunes :)
*Heated seats w/ heated steering wheel
*4WD
*8" MFT infotainment screen
*built in boost gauge- never understood why these boosted trucks (2011-2014) came without one

Options that my 302A truck has but I don't use:
Absolutely none- This truck is perfectly packaged for me and I feel that I utilize it's capabilities to the fullest. :)

·
Registered
5,127 Posts
Love the fact this truck doesn’t have that [email protected] knocking/thumping sound my 2013 had along with all the other issues....

and I like the big ass screen with backup camera even though I have to keep it on lowest dim setting at night otherwise it feels like a damn spotlight on my face.

Oh and I’m happy I tried the whole leasing thing with this one, got to test out the baby boost and in another year and 1/2 I’ll be in another bran new truck ...which I’ll be purchasing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
Might sound sappy, but by far my favorite thing about this truck is YAW.

I've had trucks for decades. This truck flipped some switch that opened up a whole new truck-world.
I've already met and getting to know some folks I'd have never even crossed paths with.

Ok ok, I love the incredible luxury that this thing coddles me in. There's a button or voice command available for my every desire.

Simply amazing.

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, another thing that I forgot, and I dunno how. I LOVE the built in cleats. I won't consider it a deal breaker, because that would be something stupid easy to add if I bought a truck without them, but every truck I have going forward will have something similar.

·
Administrator
9,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Might sound sappy, but by far my favorite thing about this truck is YAW.

I've had trucks for decades. This truck flipped some switch that opened up a whole new truck-world.
I've already met and getting to know some folks I'd have never even crossed paths with.

Ok ok, I love the incredible luxury that this thing coddles me in. There's a button or voice command available for my every desire.

Simply amazing.
Definitely. I've made several friends on this site, whom I talk to extensively outside it. I would consider them as much a friend as friends I see face to face. I've made a few enemies too. Lol. Oh well, can't please 'em all!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
I like that this truck takes the place of two vehicles I had. A '15 Explorer and a '07 Ranger. This truck is the SUV and pick up truck all in one. I like the room that can be had behind the front seats when needed. Enough room back there to store anything I have that I want to stay dry during transport. Enough space in the bed for the rest. I like the fact that the ecoboost seems to be one tough engine in spite of it's tiny size, not to mention, the power it generates is amazing. The ten speed tranny is so smooth, you barely feel the gear changes. I like the little LED on the tailgate that lights up the area for hitching up a trailer. With that, I like the max tow feature that I have yet to use but, can see how useful it will be. It would have been nice to have that 'step ladder' option in the tailgate but, I couldn't justify spending almost $400.00 for a...step ladder.:rolleyes: I look forward to discovering new things about this truck I have yet to enjoy. As far as the woulda, coulda, shoulda stuff? This truck has everything I need...Did I mention the full moon roof? When you have the full moon roof, you don't need to worry too much about paint peeling off the roof.:cool: I too, like the electric sliding rear glass. I like that this truck retains it's image on the inside as a truck as well as the outside. After all, I didn't buy it to drive a car, I bought it to drive a truck!:D

·
Registered
13,035 Posts
But you want a Raptor?

Um yup. & when I respond to this thread while owning a Raptor I would probably saw “the fox suspension”

The question was what’s your favourite part of current truck.

Wanna know what i would have said about my 2012 f-150 3.5L twin turbo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 191 Posts