F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

141 - 160 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
There's nothing about it that you really like feature wise? In bed lighting, factory installed inverter/110 outlets, heated seats, door keypad, NOTHING??

2016 2.7 4x4 screw
Really though. I just get in and drive. I listen to the radio. No XM or Serius or w/e it is. No Bluetooth connected devices.
I haven't even programmed the door keypad. I have no need for the 110v plugins. Mine doesn't have heated seats, but my car does, but I never use it and never felt like I need to.

It's fast, for a truck, but I only romp on it a couple times a week to clean out any moisture buildup that might be in the intercooler.

It gets good gas mileage, for a truck. Aside from the earlier mentioned romping, I typically drive it like a grandma for "Eco-mode".

It's safer for my daughter to be in. Truck vs car.

Theres PLENTY of rear space, which is nice...and surprises anyone that's never sat in the back of a SCrew before.

The gauge cluster menu is nifty, but I only ever have it showing fuel mileage. I was drafting a semi-truck doing 70mph the other weekend and registered some pretty good numbers. Pic below. Also the blue coloring of the cluster is easy on the eyes.

It has the small center dash screen / infotainment or w/e. The larger screen would have been nice, but not a big deal. I only listen to 1 radio station, so i never mess with it. Rear view camera is helpful but unecessary. But I do like the proximity alarm when reversing.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
That's odd. My keypad never had to be programmed. Functionality, in bed lighting and box link cleats sure are nice!

2016 2.7 4x4 screw

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the tow ability of the HDPP and 8' box my truck has. It pulls my relatively light 6500# GVWR travel trailer with ease. Probably, 99.99% of the time, the truck doesn't even wiggle any when I'm passed by an 18 wheeler. I just loved the turbos when we were towing in the Rockies this past summer.

Con: The 163" wheel base. Sometimes I think I have the same turning radius as an aircraft carrier.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I like the tow ability of the HDPP and 8' box my truck has. It pulls my relatively light 6500# GVWR travel trailer with ease. Probably, 99.99% of the time, the truck doesn't even wiggle any when I'm passed by an 18 wheeler. I just loved the turbos when we were towing in the Rockies this past summer.

Con: The 163" wheel base. Sometimes I think I have the same turning radius as an aircraft carrier.
What? Wait. You said when you’re passed by an 18 wheeler. Someone needs to fify to say when you pass an 18 wheeler. :D

·
Registered
180 Posts
What? Wait. You said when you’re passed by an 18 wheeler. Someone needs to fify to say when you pass an 18 wheeler. :D
A few of us drive like grandpas, more so when we're hauling our RV's! ;)

I'm generally in no rush and set my cruise at the speed limit and get passed by semis constantly, although I'll sometimes match their speed and slipstream. With TT in tow it's the speed limit or 65mph, whichever is less, and sometimes slower if I have lots of time or serious winds to deal with as they kill my fuel consumption. Amazing the economy difference doing 90kph instead of 100.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
A few of us drive like grandpas, more so when we're hauling our RV's! ;)

I'm generally in no rush and set my cruise at the speed limit and get passed by semis constantly, although I'll sometimes match their speed and slipstream. With TT in tow it's the speed limit or 65mph, whichever is less, and sometimes slower if I have lots of time or serious winds to deal with as they kill my fuel consumption. Amazing the economy difference doing 90kph instead of 100.
For sure. I agree. I don’t have towing experience so I’m sure I wouldn’t be trying to drive as if I’m In first place. Just giving atlee a bad time.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Depends on the RV, of course, but I have one that 65 is the speed-limit due to tires.

I have another that has 75mph limit.

One allows 18 wheelers to pass me.
The other has me doing the passing. :)

I fault Nobody for towing at their comfortable speed. But with my baby toy hauler and this amazing Ecobeast, don't be offended if I BLOW by you uphill!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I always say to the wife>all I'm doing is flowing with the traffic (usually leading the pack-lol)
The wife>well than you can just turn this rig around and we can go home-you in a hurry?
It's not me....the Boost likes to be first, because if your not first your last-lol

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
Lol.

Wives know us so well. :)

65mph rig
75mph rig
WOT rig (you can NOT generate heat into those tires)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm usually doing the speed limit regardless. I got tired of tickets at an early age.
I stopped speeding when the cost of my license hit 4 figures over 30 years ago. If I get into the bigger city freeways I'll go with the second lane flow if I'm not towing. Toronto's 401 was fun with and without the TT behind me! At that I passed the odd vehicle with the TT in tow. Nothing that can pass for a freeway in Manitoba.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had an '02 then an '04 both extended cab FX4's, after having 3 rangers previously. I would say up to that point the '02 was my favorite. Picked up this '13 supercrew XLT off road ingot silver a couple months ago. By far my favorite truck and favorite color as the other 2 were toreado red/gray the the other was all gray, both had the 5.4L.

I love the power this thing has. It's so quiet also. The room in the back is awesome. I like even with the basic small screen radio it has bluetooth capability. The seats are comfortable and the milage is about 2-4 better than my previous trucks. I can see the rear locker coming in handy at times although I haven't need it or the 4x4 yet. 36 gallon fuel tank, I don't have to fill it very often, I only put about 5000 miles or so a year on my vehicle as I farm and have several 7.3L around to do the dirty work. Whoever owned this thing before me kept the inside and outside in showroom condition. I really like the gauge layout.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Things I love about mine?

The 2nd Gen. 3.5L Ecoboost.
The 10-speed transmission.
The 36-gallon fuel tank.
The easy tunability (BCB Highlander).
The interior space and comfort.
The B&O stereo and Sync 3 infotainment.
The ventilated seats.
The heated steering wheel (I thought I'd never use it down here!).
The instrument cluster (502A).
The (automatic - thanks, FORScan!) power folding mirrors.
The color combination I picked (white / tan).
Always been a fan of the Michelin LTX M/S2s.
Cross Traffic Alert / BLIS / Rear Camera.
Remote Start.
All LED Lighting.
Ford Pass App.
My AutoStop Eliminator.
My Bilstein 5100s.

141 - 160 of 191 Posts