F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
It's officially paid off!
Every single day you drive it from here on out it's like it's paying YOU back.

It's a money tree, in a way.

That's my warped way of looking at it anyways.

I remember back when Diesel spiked for the first time and my daily driver suddenly cost more than $100 to fill it up. I protested by buying a KLR650 to commute on. Although I paid cash, they were advertising the bike for $52.00 per month.

I immediately pointed out that ExxonMobil was buying this bike for me and that every time I passed by the station on the way to the office that I'd salute them.

I put 48,000 miles on it before giving it to a college kid who needed transportation. I still say I never paid a ¢ for it. :)

Congratulations. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Every single day you drive it from here on out it's like it's paying YOU back.

It's a money tree, in a way.

That's my warped way of looking at it anyways.

I remember back when Diesel spiked for the first time and my daily driver suddenly cost more than $100 to fill it up. I protested by buying a KLR650 to commute on. Although I paid cash, they were advertising the bike for $52.00 per month.

I immediately pointed out that ExxonMobil was buying this bike for me and that every time I passed by the station on the way to the office that I'd salute them.

I put 48,000 miles on it before giving it to a college kid who needed transportation. I still say I never paid a ¢ for it. :)

Congratulations. :)

I'm not allowed to get a bike. my leash says no! if only I had of got it before we fell in love at 19 lol!

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I'm not allowed to get a bike. my leash says no! if only I had of got it before we fell in love at 19 lol!
Ummmm. I was NOT suggesting.......

But, let's say you buy some new tires for the truck in the months ahead? I say the truck is now funding its needs itself. :)

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ummmm. I was NOT suggesting.......

But, let's say you buy some new tires for the truck in the months ahead? I say the truck is now funding its needs itself. :)

But I want a bike lol... My little bro just got an Enduro ... But he's not married...

Yes paid off is amazing!

As long as I can keep the rust at bay it's only got 130k Km on it!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have about $385 left on mine. Just going to wait it out. My interest rate is so low I won't notice it. I just bought a snowmobile last weekend so that is the new hobby.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
Congrats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First post & in answer to the thread title, what I love about my truck is that it`s a King Ranch. I`m on my 6th F 150 & this `15 is by far the best, to me.

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
First post & in answer to the thread title, what I love about my truck is that it`s a King Ranch. I`m on my 6th F 150 & this `15 is by far the best, to me.
Glad you love it, and welcome to the site!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Ahhh... the ever controversial topic of “boots up or boots down”.
LOL it should be down so if water or mud gets in it wont settle where shaft and piston seals are at. I know there are drain holes but why even let dirt get on the rod that close to where it goes into piston? but it doesn't effect performance at all either way:):) just my observation

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
LOL it should be down so if water or mud gets in it wont settle where shaft and piston seals are at. I know there are drain holes but why even let dirt get on the rod that close to where it goes into piston? but it doesn't effect performance at all either way:):) just my observation
No argument here. I called Billstein USA, they told me boots down and more specifically to put the shock in the position where the Bilstein sticker was readable when standing back to look at it. I did say controversial topic, right? They’re monotubes should work either way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys. We talk about horsepowwaaaaaas and tunes and whatnot here incessantly. Obviously we all love our twin turbskis and the power we get from them. But, in the end, our trucks really are more than just a motor.

Let's talk about that other stuff. Our trucks have a ton of features. I came from a '99 with a manual tranny. The power windows and mirrors we're really the only "options" it had, and before that an '87 with manual everything. As you can imagine, my 302A had me wide eyed in awe of the features this truck has.

What do you love about your truck? What options can you no longer do without? What does it have that you couldn't care less about?

My favorites, that I'll always have from now on, are the heated seats, backup camera, and remote start.

Tow mirrors. I bought the truck with standard mirrors. I thought I could deal with them since it's a half ton this go-round, and I don't tow that much any more. Nope. Never again. I won't leave the lot without them again.

In bed lighting. LOVE IT. I'm often loading up for a job early in the morning, or late the night before. The in bed lighting is invaluable. I will always have that, or add it, in the future.

Large screen head unit. I love the large screen, but it wouldn't necessarily be a deal breaker for me. If I found the right truck and this was the only thing missing, I could deal with that. I'd probably just do a tablet head unit upgrade.

The backup assist looks neat, but I still haven't even set it up.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Power, acceleration, handling, fuel economy, transmission, looks (Magma Red STX 2WD crew).

·
Registered
37 Posts
The side mirrors, one of the best I've had on a truck. And the room in the back for the dogs...

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
It delivers.

And that's not easy because I raised the bar on expectations. Rather risky, to be honest, because I threw a WAD of cash at the truck 2 years ago.

There's a couple of sayings in our culture:
1. Familiarity breeds contempt
2. Absence makes the heart grow fonder
Both might prove legitimate, in this case.

I've had the pleasure of getting to drive a few dream cars. I'll use a Porsche GT3 to make my point. The first few minutes in the cockpit do not count towards my case because the emotions are too dominant and they cloud the judgment. lol But after a few minutes you DO get to access the experience with some form of personal critique. (By the way, a GT3 is everything it is hyped up to be. Insane! However, it's also a bit brutal on less than pristine roads. You get the feeling that it would eventually HAVE TO develop rattles. But the one I was in was stupid tight)

But let's say the GT3 actually belongs to you. It's in your garage and you can drive it as often as you choose. While "breeds contempt" might be a little strong, the idea that familiarity would at some point result in a decline in the Maximum joy you received on those first few drives, I believe would be valid. It's just human nature.
But let's say you parked the GT3 for a couple of weeks and drove a completely different vehicle during that period. Say........a Chevy Tahoe.

Ok, yaw probably know where I'm going with this. :)
Over the last year I have been using the little Mazdarati as my daily driver. For lots of reasons. But mostly because it is FUN. As a result, it is common for my King Ranch BL truck to sit for many days parked under the trees and with a sunscreen in the windshield.

The result is several fold when I next get into the truck. First, is when I open the door to get in. Yea, even though it is 2 years old next month, by NOT driving it daily, it seems that the truck heats up on the inside and completely returns it to that magic NEW TRUCK KING RANCH smell. It's amazing how much influence our sense of smell has on our mood. It's fantastic and so inviting. I also make sure the truck is detailed before I park it for any length....kinda like a lady who cleans her house BEFORE she goes on a vacation because she loves arriving back home to a clean house. Same here, I believe. And a clean King Ranch has a certain aesthetic appeal, if you are one that likes that design approach. Rich and warm and.......cowboy?

And then I'm off! I have a long bumpy dirt drive to navigate before I get on tarmac. But it's fairly scenic, in a jungle sort of way. Since it's been a while since I sat "high" in that pickup truck sort of way, I'm already enjoying that feeling of.....In command of the Beast sorta thing.

I reach over and choose the music source. Not loud. We're just getting settled. Immediately my sense of hearing joins my smell with an ahhhhhhhh, sweet.

I also usually tap the mode button 5 times to get to Sport, even though I am about 2 or 3 miles from giving it the juice since the fluids are all still barely warming up. But I love not skipping gears and having that brief lull in momentum. Advantage 10 speed! Nicely spaced if you hit them all.

My street is a 2 1/2 mile long road to the first Stop sign. 30mph rural blacktop. I usually cruise at about 40, like everyone else that lives out here. But that stop sign is the first time I get to use the brakes. I'm instantly reminded of how linear and progressive those Brembos are. Another smile comes to my face.

Anyways, I could go on, but it's not needed. What I love about this truck is just like my opening comment. It delivers. It runs, it stops, it turns, it rolls over rough various road surfaces with aplomb.............It's wicked. And worth every cent. Even 2 years later.

It's easy to rag on Ford for the obvious short comings with their F150 3.5 Ecoboost. But dang did they design a truck that you can modify here and there and end up with an amazing way to get there from here.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
These!.....Bilsteins-Woop Woop
Boots are down. If you just look at the directions it says the wording must be ledigible. You can only read the items with boots down. Luck for you, the rear shocks are easy to replace. Just make sure you fully tighen the nuts with the weight on the tires/suspension.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Boots are down. If you just look at the directions it says the wording must be ledigible. You can only read the items with boots down. Luck for you, the rear shocks are easy to replace. Just make sure you fully tighen the nuts with the weight on the tires/suspension.
Yeah, and make sure you don’t get those front ones upside down. :) :) :)

161 - 179 of 179 Posts
About this Discussion
178 Replies
55 Participants
Scott91370
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing