F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine today and put it on the 91 canned tune. Im all stock other than this and I cant really tell much difference between this and stock.

I looked at my original window sticker and it said I have 3.15 gears but in the ratios 3.15 isnt in there. Is it the stock value?

what do you guys set your spark, wot shifts, and everything else to for best results?

also how did you guys hide the cord. I went over thru that small side panel between the door and dash but the cord looks really smashed when I close the door.

·
Registered
208 Posts
You should be able to notice a big difference. I actually started with the 87 octane and was amazed. Are you sure you uploaded it?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya im sure I did it took it a good 15 min or so to load. I went thru all the options and It said loading please wait....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Did it tell you it finished and to shut it off? I've had bad loads before, I would switch to stock and reload it and see if that fixes it. I have never messed with spark, shifts, etc on the LW.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That would be the stock value for your truck on the gears. I ran the SCT canned tunes for about7 months and you should be able to tell a difference between the stock tune and the canned tune. I adds probably about 45-50 hp on mine. If you really want to unmistakably tell a difference get a custom tune. My preference is in my signature.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya ill be going with the ssi t5 91 tune in the furture but im gonna wait till I have some mods first.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I wouldn't even do mods before getting a custom tune, they're night and day difference.

Reactions: brucesears

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ya ill be going with the ssi t5 91 tune in the furture but im gonna wait till I have some mods first.
I would do the tune first, it will make more difference than all the other typical mods put together except maybe upgraded turbos. My truck is virtually stock and the tune makes the difference like night and day.

Instead of 5-6 hp gains with each of 4 or 5 mods you get around 100 hp all at once. The tune can take into account later mods.

Reactions: strawhatshinobi

·
Registered
187 Posts
I put the SCT 87 canned tune on mine and couldn't tell much difference

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I've never had access to the SCT canned tunes, when I bought mine the Strategy wasn't supported yet. And I think Torrie disabled that part? Not that I feel like I missed out on anything, lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a question and I don't mean to steal the OP's thread but it is along the same lines. I only plan on doing a few simple mods t my truck. It has a CAI and catback already. I will add a set of down pipes later. I think a tuner will work fine for what I want. I just want something simple to plug and play. Is there a tuner recommended. I was leaning towards the SCT or edge so I can use it for a boost gauge also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts