F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

4801 - 4816 of 4816 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
142 Posts
How she sits right now, nothing really to change on the exterior for me!

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Looqw.....looks ready for business/towing, and I love the power telescoping tow mirrors!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Platinum
142 Posts
Looqw.....looks ready for business/towing, and I love the power telescoping tow mirrors!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks! Lowered it but left a little rake to it for sure! I didn’t want to get a truck without them after having a super duty nothing beats these mirrors! Might just needs some bags before I tow one day!

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Super Modistrator
2,273 Posts
What is this wax of which you speak? With today’s sealants and coatings out there many have made the tech jump. I still like a good wax occasionally but I usually put it on top of one of several favorite sealants. I’m not so much a coating fan. I’m sure that as long as you keep it waxed (30-60 days) it will keep that pretty truck protected. That said waxes don’t last the 6 months people use to claim. Now if you like the process of applying wax FK1000 is known to be a top notch sealant with the old school waxing application method and it will go a year. I know that’s way more than you wanted to read. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
What is this wax of which you speak? With today’s sealants and coatings out there many have made the tech jump. I still like a good wax occasionally but I usually put it on top of one of several favorite sealants. I’m not so much a coating fan. I’m sure that as long as you keep it waxed (30-60 days) it will keep that pretty truck protected. That said waxes don’t last the 6 months people use to claim. Now if you like the process of applying wax FK1000 is known to be a top notch sealant with the old school waxing application method and it will go a year. I know that’s way more than you wanted to read. :)
I used the turtle wax ice spray wax. I believe it’s a synthetic. I just bought the truck two weeks ago, so I’m just trying to keep that “just detailed Shine” as long as I can. I’m definitely open to suggestions!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Like Droger's Trutle Wax Ice which does has SIO2 (at least the Ice Ceramic I looked at does). Did some needed care.
I'm no coating guru or even interested in shiny things much less my truck, but it does stay outside and some protection is good. Just did my own treatment with results that made me happy.

before

after

Cleaned and used Mothers Speed Clay 2, then Mothers CMX. Looks pretty good to my jaded eyeballs. Whole process took 2 1/2 hours from dusty dirty to squeaky shiny! KM

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
602 Posts
So ~3 hrs for a crewcab 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depends, I'm not fussy about shiny stuff. " part of maintaning happiness in old age is to lower expectations"! KM

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
4801 - 4816 of 4816 Posts