F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of stuff do you all keep in your trucks that you find handy?

I keep a "snatch strap" with d-rings

Long piece of rope.

Jumper cables

hitch

Full set of wrenches, and small ratchet wrench set

Screwdrivers

Alan wrenches

flashlight

Other little things, pliers, bungies, zip ties, gloves etc.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I haven't gotten around to getting a box yet, but I usually keep my tool bag (filled with Snap-on and Klein goodies), Mini monster hook, three-ball hitch, and a glock 23 (.40S&W)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't gotten around to getting a box yet, but I usually keep my tool bag (filled with Snap-on and Klein goodies), Mini monster hook, three-ball hitch, and a glock 23 (.40S&W)
I like the idea of keeping a gun in the truck! Ive been considering getting a cheap, short shotgun to keep in there. It would be a versatile tool.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I've never had to use it for protection (thank god), but it comes in real handy for opossums and nutria.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Usually a pellet rifle (rabbits, dove), rope, ratchet straps, tools, 3-5k cash, flashlight.

·
Registered
565 Posts
usually i have a kit full of medical supplies for the event of an emergncy, in the winter i normally keep a bag with my carharts and snow boots in just incase. i never have a shortage of jackets or hats in my truck. always have a hitch and pin. Gear i should have tool kit, tow rope, jumper cables.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Anyone install a cut off switch in their truck? I like to store weapons/ammo in the vehicle from time to time but am always worried about it being stolen. Most insurance companies won't cover much as far as items in the truck on your standard plans.

Basically a master electric cut off.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
In my other truck, I have a first aid kit. Not in my Eco. Thanks for reminding me, I'll get one now.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Anyone install a cut off switch in their truck? I like to store weapons/ammo in the vehicle from time to time but am always worried about it being stolen. Most insurance companies won't cover much as far as items in the truck on your standard plans. Basically a master electric cut off.
My father in law does this to all his vehicles. They live in LA, one of his vehicles they broke the ignition and the steering wheel but weren't able to steal the car.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
......3-5k cash......
Lmao, what ya slingin out of there?

Anyone install a cut off switch in their truck? I like to store weapons/ammo in the vehicle from time to time but am always worried about it being stolen. Most insurance companies won't cover much as far as items in the truck on your standard plans.

Basically a master electric cut off.
It'd be fairly simple, check out jegs or summit racing. They have some nice ones. You could buy a fairly decent "truck pistol" for cheap, that way if it does get stolen it won't be too big of a hit to your wallet.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Lmao, what ya slingin out of there?
It's my emergency cash. Keep some at home, some on me, some in my vehicles. I was in NYC last year during hurricane sandy and I resolved to make sure I kept money at home seeing how that went. I mean, they had lots of advance warning and it still got kind of crazy. In California, who knows when a major earthquake will hit. Then credit cards won't work and banks won't have money.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I keep some stashed here and there, but we know what to expect when it comes to a hurricane. It only gets crazy in the big cities when a hurricane shows up down here.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I keep 3' nylon slings, shackles, flashlight, tools, spotlight, jumper cables to name a few

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jumper cables, tow strap, flashlight, bungee cords, and this time of year extra winter gear. Usually don't keep much for hand tools unless I'm doing something where they might be needed. When I add some storage to the box I will keep my hitch and three way ball in there.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
car seat base. Kirkland wipes. (The best for cheap) extra baggies (to dispose of crap) diapers. Rattles, toys ect. Snow brushes. Extra driving gloves. A deck of cards. Phone charger. Gum. Jumper cables. A Bic lighter. Angry birds air freshener. Reusable shopping bags. (No frills chargers 10 cents a bag now) my buck knife cause you never know when the sh*te will go down, like you have to cut open a parcel that you picked up @ the border store & Customs wants to confirm that it wasn't made in China

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Duct tape, zip ties, ball gags, blindfolds, bludgeons, scalpel, shovel, plastic sheathing, garbage bags, rope, bleach, and a bible. Pretty much all the essentials.

In reality, I have 2 booster seats, a convertible car seat, a bag of miscellaneous hand tools, some miscellaneous towing stuff, a flashlight, an asp, a gps, cellphone charger, a few bottles of water, and my camping log books.

SPPD

Reactions: scap99

·
Registered
943 Posts
Rain Gear, hand tools, jumper cables, hand rags, spare fuses, spare bulbs, ty wraps, elctrical tester, small tarp, tow strap, small knife, nail clippers, gum, phone charger, floor jack. In the winter, window scarper, warm hat, & gloves. This is kinda fun trying to figure out all the s--t we have in our trucks. I'll probably think of more stuff after I piost this.:eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I dont know if this counts as gear, but one of the most useful things I have Is an old hand towel... comes in handy a lot.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
I dont know if this counts as gear, but one of the most useful things I have Is an old hand towel... comes in handy a lot.
I always have a pack of autozone microfiber towels behind the seat.

Reactions: BlackwaterF150
1 - 20 of 36 Posts