F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

201 - 220 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
The topic was transferred 4 months ago, and already 200+ messages. Smells 3 more part
I wanted to review everything, but I realized that it was impossible)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not F150 related ... but

I got to take my 2003 Dark Pearl Blue Marauder out this weekend for a road trip with my oldest son as we travelled to and from a chess tournament. It was a great to spend some time with just him and I and then he tied for second in his class. I had a blast running the Marauder, which does not get out much as the F150 is the daily driver, family hauler, vacation beast, etc vehicle. The Marauder is my toy, only turning 97K miles this weekend on my 16 year old car. No, it is not a truck, but man what a blast to drive.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Not F150 related ... but

I got to take my 2003 Dark Pearl Blue Marauder out this weekend for a road trip with my oldest son as we travelled to and from a chess tournament. It was a great to spend some time with just him and I and then he tied for second in his class. I had a blast running the Marauder, which does not get out much as the F150 is the daily driver, family hauler, vacation beast, etc vehicle. The Marauder is my toy, only turning 97K miles this weekend on my 16 year old car. No, it is not a truck, but man what a blast to drive.

Anthony
It's the OFF TOPIC thread. No need to apologize.

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Well actually yesterday. Closed on rental up in MI. While up in MI last month tenant was moving out (GM transfer out) Cindy and I decided to sell. Last rental and closed LLC last year. We only got the place in case something happened to me she would have a place to go to to be close to her siblings. But now that we are both retired and her siblings are getting ready lto retire also so the need for a place is not needed anymore. Was on market three days and had offer over asking price:):):). After insp we reduced to asking price. Sold for 2 1/2 times the bought price and still had 6 digit check after capital gains:):) made $300-400 after cost average over last 8 years:):) love capitalism:):):) Go Trump!!!!!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
New to me FullNine. Only 48 miles on the clock, so almost new anyway.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,503 Posts
Set a personal record on mile 5.

Just kidding . Some sort of glitch, not sure at all what happened. Lol. My Garmin coach is very proud of me though.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
New to me FullNine. Only 48 miles on the clock, so almost new anyway.
Looks familiar. I had an aversion to ebikes when they first started appearing, but am sold now. This beauty allows our younger son to ride with us as a family while getting chemo. E-bikes (pedal assist anyway) definitely have a place. He laughs at my climbing struggle and offers to tow me.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Looks familiar. I had an aversion to ebikes when they first started appearing, but am sold now. This beauty allows our younger son to ride with us as a family while getting chemo. E-bikes (pedal assist anyway) definitely have a place. He laughs at my climbing struggle and offers to tow me.
View attachment 163110
Do you guys head over to Moose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Do you guys head over to Moose?

The local trails we hit start in West Bragg or Station Flats. Merlin is a favorite for the boys along with Northern Flow, Southern Flow, Sulfur Springs/Pneuma/727/Race of Spades kind of loops.
So much riding available.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
The local trails we hit start in West Bragg or Station Flats. Merlin is a favorite for the boys along with Northern Flow, Southern Flow, Sulfur Springs/Pneuma/727/Race of Spades kind of loops.
So much riding available.
Sweet! Coming from Vancouver, I still need to find more areas to ride.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Sweet! Coming from Vancouver, I still need to find more areas to ride.
Just let me know when you're in the area and I'll point out some great trails. Trailforks app works wonders as well.

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Just let me know when you're in the area and I'll point out some great trails. Trailforks app works wonders as well.
For sure, Thank you. We did Race of Spades, Toothless (STEEP!) and something else (past the gate at the top of Moose) last weekend. Better riding than I expected.

Getting to know the area better, but miss some of the North Shore, Squamish and Whistler riding. It was a Mecca out there.

Heading to Fernie on Saturday. My buddy and I wanted to hit it up before they closed for the season.

·
Registered
369 Posts
For sure, Thank you. We did Race of Spades, Toothless (STEEP!) and something else (past the gate at the top of Moose) last weekend. Better riding than I expected.

Getting to know the area better, but miss some of the North Shore, Squamish and Whistler riding. It was a Mecca out there.

Heading to Fernie on Saturday. My buddy and I wanted to hit it up before they closed for the season.

We were in Squamish for a week in July. Truly great trails everywhere. I would skip Fernie. We were here last weekend and only the elk chair is running which only allows for 1/3 of the hill access. The timber bowl express is down for required maintenance. The elk chair is a very slow, old school lift. Just not worth it this year.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
I bet that feels awesome! I can't wait for the day! I hope the truck lasts 10 years after that.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
I would argue that these aluminum trucks somewhat changed "the game" in that aspect.

Or put another way, even if a fella had the strategy to extend the life of his truck beyond the operational life of ONE motor/transmission, he still had to deal with the likelihood of a coach that might rust away before him.

I'm convinced these Ford F150's are excellent candidates for a second drive train extension! We don't know yet how good the paint is on these trucks since it hasn't been tested with time, but I have every intention of having a reliable 15 year old F150 that looks and runs as good as it does now.

We'll see.

But if it proves to be true? Then my bucket-list economic extravance will eventually look far less extravagant?

Sure, at some point the body style will be dated. But if it's a polished example of the Era, it'll actually be kinda cool. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
578 Posts
I bet that feels awesome! I can't wait for the day! I hope the truck lasts 10 years after that.
It's a great feeling to check off another box on the list. :)

Next is to wipe out the mortgage within the next 4 1/2 years.

201 - 220 of 258 Posts
About this Discussion
257 Replies
39 Participants
Kinguni
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing