F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
Gah Lee, again I want your life! Lol. The compound looks great! I want a SXS too .

A few months ago my Rancher started throwing some sort of error code. The fuel pump won't cycle now and neither will it shift. :/ I hope to have time soon to diagnose that and get that baby back running, or just wave my white flag and take it to the Honda place and say fix 'er up and send me a bill.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
450R has been neglected for about a year now?....work had kept me too busy to tinker with it.
Obviously now we all have A LOT of free time!?
Time to check the valves ; carb, replace fuel lines, etc.
BTW....the Boost is doing well
20200325_193542.jpg
20200321_165055.jpg
20200321_164815.jpg
20200321_153834.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Sweeeeet!
I knew you were kinda crazy.
Now I KNOW you are absolutely Coocoo.
(in the best ways)

By the way, thankfully this one is fuel injected. Every bike I have with a carb ain't currently running for obvious reasons. I just can't ride em enough. Shame on me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Im th
Sweeeeet!
I knew you were kinda crazy.
Now I KNOW you are absolutely Coocoo.
(in the best ways)

By the way, thankfully this one is fuel injected. Every bike I have with a carb ain't currently running for obvious reasons. I just can't ride em enough. Shame on me.

I am thinking about converting my 2000 Yamaha Big Bear to FI. One, because it needs work every spring after sitting in the winter regardless of draining the bowl. Two, because I can drive up to 11,000 ft in about 20 minutes.

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
Im th

I am thinking about converting my 2000 Yamaha Big Bear to FI. One, because it needs work every spring after sitting in the winter regardless of draining the bowl. Two, because I can drive up to 11,000 ft in about 20 minutes.
Excellent point. Almost at the top of Mt Helmut. (only scary because there's nobody likely to come by for days if you break down)

Not 11,000, but the Alpine loop gets considerably higher than that I think. And there's plenty of SideXside traffic for rescue.

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
The world is still upside down, but Mother Nature hasn't been informed. Gorgeous day.

Had to leave the compound after 5 days or so. (honestly not sure. The days are blending) 2 critical products : Milk for 2 babies, and a bunch of freezer paper because we are going to set the pig trap tonight, I believe.

I was backing down my drive, instead of turning around. There's a spot just past the chicken coop that I can turn and head down the rest of the drive in forward gears.

Like I said. Beautiful day

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
The world is still upside down, but Mother Nature hasn't been informed. Gorgeous day.

Had to leave the compound after 5 days or so. (honestly not sure. The days are blending) 2 critical products : Milk for 2 babies, and a bunch of freezer paper because we are going to set the pig trap tonight, I believe.

I was backing down my drive, instead of turning around. There's a spot just passed the chicken coop that I can turn and head down the rest of the drive in forward gears.

Like I said. Beautiful day

My coworkers have been telling me how warm its been down there this week. 5 of them are in Houston and 3 in LA.

We just got 3” of snow yesterday and today its like 32, windy and cloud. Im ready for spring.

·
Administrator
10,231 Posts
I've wondered what the fat bikes are for. Snow and sand riding I'm guessing?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Long story, but good for me at least. Last year I was changing the oil on my truck and saw that the rubber coating on my e-brake cable had split open and the cable was rusting bad. I didn't have time to fix it and didn't use it. Eventually asked the stealership I bought it from for a quote on replacing the cable, they quoted me $1788 and said if the cable rusted the shoes would be frozen and need replacement as well. I was less than pleased and found mental strength to not go off on them. I guess that dealership doesn't want to see me again.

Anyway, took it to a local shop down the road. They replaced the cable for $135 plus tax. I'm thrilled. The pads are not frozen and my e-brake works great now.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I've wondered what the fat bikes are for. Snow and sand riding I'm guessing?

Pretty much. Ive ridden and seen people riding them on the regular mtb trails, but the tires are really bouncy. On snow I run mine at 2.5 psi and they still pogo a lot.

Hitting rocks and stuff at speed isnt that fun. The tires are really heavy too so you cant maneuver them all that well.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts