F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

281 - 300 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
This might be of use in your search for a,decent bike:

My older son outgrew his medium frame this year. Got him a new (to him) Large carbon beauty for half the new price.

View attachment 165877
It’s going to be hard to ride without pedals.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
No one sells a bike with pedals.

·
Registered
513 Posts
He rides flats. I ride platform clipless. My younger son rides flats on his ebike and enduro bike. My wife rides clipless. I can swap pedals in less than a minute depends on who is riding what bike. have a Felt DD30 fat bike in a medium that fits me, my wife or my older son, just by adjusting the seat post. Our stable just keeps growing.
  • Haro BMX bike for the park.
  • Medium Marin Alpine trail commuter
  • Medium Trek Remedy 7 wife’s bike
  • Medium Devinci Troy Carbon -older son’s outgrown bike
  • Medium Felt DD30 fat bike
  • x-small giant reign - younger son’s gravity bike
  • small Haibike sduro allmountain 5.0 e-bike - younger son’s power ride
  • large giant trans-x -my commuter
  • large giant Reign Advanced Carbon - my mountain ride
  • large Devinci Troy Carbon GX eagle -older boy’s new mountain ride
Apparently my midlife crisis funds are invested in mountain bikes.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
He rides flats. I ride platform clipless. My younger son rides flats on his ebike and enduro bike. My wife rides clipless. I can swap pedals in less than a minute depends on who is riding what bike. have a Felt DD30 fat bike in a medium that fits me, my wife or my older son, just by adjusting the seat post. Our stable just keeps growing.
And here i am getting by on my 5 year old Intense Carbine.

I wanna get my wife a new bike. She has an Intense 275 I swear that it was a small that was mislabeled as a medium. Everyone who has ever sat on it thinks it feels tiny. My buddy is probably 5’-9” and says its like a clown bike. Every time I ride it i feel like im gunna go over the bars cause im on top of them in my normal downhill stance.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
I can’t do clipless, just can’t. I’ve rode Whistler/Squamish/North Shore for a over decade and still prefer flats. I know there is way more control than flats, but a few runs down Peanuts Wild Ride or Tech Noir and I gotta dab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I can’t do clipless, just can’t. I’ve rode Whistler/Squamish/North Shore for a over decade and still prefer flats. I know there is way more control than flats, but a few runs down Peanuts Wild Ride or Tech Noir and I gotta dab.

If you are riding technical downhill a lot then flats are the way to go. I tend to ride up as much as down so I do have clipless, but when it gets rough and I peg the pedals on rocks it will eject my cleat. You are left without much support since the clipless are generally smaller and don't have studs on em. Then you spend the next 2 minutes trying to get your foot back in and not eat **** lol.

That said, I've never gone down still clipped in. I've always unclipped on the way down and have even unclipped as I was going over the bars before.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Years of,riding clipless makes me drop off of the pedal and nut myself when I try to ride flats. Caged clipless work for me. Local trails are like this. I ride up to ride down.

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Cool, I rode 727 Last summer or at least part of it, we got lost near the bottom and split off another trail. These days, we usually shuttle and that's mainly so we can get more "down time", before we gotta head home. I was very fortunate when I was in Vancouver and had no kids, could ride 4 days a week.

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
Woooopeeeee!!!!

·
Registered
6,969 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,750 Posts
Not fair. We're still only seeing 2.75 a gallon where I live. Mind you we pay Soo much more damn tax.

Drive the friggen **** outta every vehicle you have!
We’re not doing too bad once you consider the exchange rate.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
If gasoline was 5¢ a gallon, in California it would be $1.05, no?

Of course we all pay tax on gasoline in every state. It's a huge addicting revenue stream that was very clever when it first became all the rage. But California is drunk on it. You guys are the Guinea Pigs for what we citizens can tolerate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
3.49 for high test, 3.29 for regular. Chevron, Portland, OR. We're all paying for the sin of using petrol, at least according to the Oregon Legislature.

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow. Regular is 62.9 / litre here. Converted to gallons and with exchange it’s $1.69/gallon US$.

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Wow. Regular is 62.9 / litre here. Converted to gallons and with exchange it’s $1.69/gallon US$.
The exchange rate means nothing. The world doesn't run on green backs.

281 - 300 of 334 Posts