F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
That’s awesome man!

Yeah I didn’t want to be a negative Nancy but I thought that sod looked pretty damn rough when you guys were laying it. every time I’ve laid sod at least around here it’s been lush and deep green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That part was normal, for the centipede sod. It was still in the "dormant" state coming out of winter. When it's dormant it's brown. It doesn't green up nice until it warms up. That wasn't the problem, perse. For the most part I think whomever cut the sod cut it too shallow. A lot of it was too thin and barely had any soil on it.

Bermuda sod is usually pretty fragile too. Fescue sod is usually nice and green, with a nice thick dirt base on it. I'm not sure why the difference. I love fescue, but it doesn't grow in sand.

Centipede also doesn't get a deep green, more of a yellowish green. If it goes deep green, you've actually applied too much nitrogen, at which point it's gonna basically choke itself out.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Super Modistrator
2,105 Posts
That’s awesome man!

Yeah I didn’t want to be a negative Nancy but I thought that sod looked pretty damn rough when you guys were laying it. every time I’ve laid sod at least around here it’s been lush and deep green.

@mwemaxxowner, Yeah, I too didn’t want to say anything when you first posted this sod. My backdoor neighbor put in sod a couple of years ago and your original pics reminded me of theirs. I helped them lay the sod and in all honesty it probably weighed about 1/3 the weight of what my sod weighed when I put it down, it was simply thin. This all said, It’s taken a couple of years and careful and consistent grooming on their part but it looks just dandy these days. I have no doubt with a bit of patience and the following the plan you have layed out, yours as it looks today will be just a distant memory a couple years down the road. I’m happy that someone took responsibility and is willing to help you, what a stand up thing to do. Good things come to good peeps. I wish you green pastures in the days ahead. :)

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
The way centipede runs, it'll definitely fill in. It'll just take some time. I'm gonna pull up the worst pieces and replace, other than that I'll leave it be and work on the bare spots.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
275 Posts
Got the yard cleaned up and mowed.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Well,....first my daughter is a graduate from Laguna College of Art & Design!, and she's back in Arizona for a while-lol
She's going for her Masters in NY....next year due to > (Covid 19)
She does AWESOME work. She can water color print/frame your most prized possession be it your truck; muscle car, motorcycle, anything-A Great Customized Gift!
She does commission work....check her out on Instagram>@cheyenne_earp
20200524_103410.jpg
20200524_103230.jpg
IMG-20190406-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20190522-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20190603-WA0000.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
275 Posts
Beautiful weather here :)

·
Registered
6,979 Posts
Scored a set of Jeep compass wheels pretty mucv brand new. Actually 1 tire/wheel is brand new. All for 250 bucks Cdn. So like 15 bucks US...

These will go on my dodge caliber with 315k KM on it. My General tires are pretty much smoked.

5 hour drive round trip in the truck to get them but worth it!

·
Premium Member
6,296 Posts
"All for 250 bucks Cdn. So like 15 bucks US"

You made my day. Anytime I actually DO laugh out loud, I am grateful for the medicine.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
857 Posts
Finished the wood floors in the nursery and guest bedroom. All that left to do is paint the baseboards in the nursery and set it up. Already finished the guest room.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Got the yards mowed and cleaned up. GF cleaned the house and bathed the dogs. Caught the last 100 laps of the wild Bristol race lol Seafood fajitas for dinner (y)

·
Administrator
10,460 Posts
From this

To this

Almost ready for sod, round two. Our warranty sod will cover this side, the little bit of repair work needed beside the driveway on the other side

as well as replace most of the worst pieces from the first batch. Oh, and also allow me to sod a few spots where I removed some STINKIN' Pampas Grass.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got the yards mowed and cleaned up. GF cleaned the house and bathed the dogs. Caught the last 100 laps of the wild Bristol race lol Seafood fajitas for dinner (y)
Not cool dude. Having your grandfather clean the house and bathe the dogs. I suppose he cooked the seafood fajitas for you too. I'd ask my girlfriend to do that, but whatev...

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

321 - 340 of 340 Posts