F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

7121 - 7140 of 7198 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Weather was nice, took the Mustang out for a short spin today.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Just give it a week or two and your butt should be fine. Mine is usually sore the first few rides of each mt bike season until it gets broken in again.
I took it for about a 4 mile ride yesterday. What I found was that if I sit more upright the seat is much less uncomfortable. Like if I sit up so much that just my fingertips are touching the handlebars.

After that discovery, I lowered the seat a bit which helped some, but I think I really need to raise the headset so that I can be sitting more upright with the seat in the original position. And maybe scooch the seat forward a smidge.

I know I need to, and I plan to, take it to a bike shop and have it professionally set up and fitted to me, but I want to tinker with it a bit myself and get to know it all better. It's shifting great, which was my biggest worry.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
I took it for about a 4 mile ride yesterday. What I found was that if I sit more upright the seat is much less uncomfortable. Like if I sit up so much that just my fingertips are touching the handlebars.

After that discovery, I lowered the seat a bit which helped some, but I think I really need to raise the headset so that I can be sitting more upright with the seat in the original position. And maybe scooch the seat forward a smidge.

I know I need to, and I plan to, take it to a bike shop and have it professionally set up and fitted to me, but I want to tinker with it a bit myself and get to know it all better. It's shifting great, which was my biggest worry.

Put your heel on the pedal and adjust the seat so that your leg is almost dead straight. It will feel funky, but when you put the ball of your foot on the pedal you will have a little more length and it should be just about right. If the seat is too low it will put more stain on your knees(like doing too deep of a squat).

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Put your heel on the pedal and adjust the seat so that your leg is almost dead straight. It will feel funky, but when you put the ball of your foot on the pedal you will have a little more length and it should be just about right. If the seat is too low it will put more stain on your knees(like doing too deep of a squat).
That is how I adjusted it initially. Then I dropped it some so I could sit more upright and take pressure off the parts of my butt/leg that were hurting when I didn't sit up with my fingertips on the handlebars.

That trumped everything else.

When I can raise the headset up I'll put the seat back to the original height.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I hopped in my 5 year old, 93K F150 and it did my bidding. Only two problems so far, front wheel bearings and a leaking rear axle seal.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I have keys!

Still only marginally happy with some of the work. Scratches where they drug the tip of a nailgun across some of the trim, smudges from dirty handprints in a lot of places, half assed shoddy caulk jobs, so-so grout work on some of the tile, a lot of stuff dirtier than I think they should have turned it over to us as, etc. But I've gotten a lot of things handled that I had a problem with. At this point by the time I fight over some of this stuff I could have fixed it myself. By what I've seen, only I'll be able to fix some of this to my liking anyway.

All in all, though, we still love our house and there is a lot of it for 157k!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have keys!

Still only marginally happy with some of the work. Scratches where they drug the tip of a nailgun across some of the trim, smudges from dirty handprints in a lot of places, half assed shoddy caulk jobs, so-so grout work on some of the tile, a lot of stuff dirtier than I think they should have turned it over to us as, etc. But I've gotten a lot of things handled that I had a problem with. At this point by the time I fight over some of this stuff I could have fixed it myself. By what I've seen, only I'll be able to fix some of this to my liking anyway.

All in all, though, we still love our house and there is a lot of it for 157k!

Nice house!

What do you mean so-so grout?

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
Not sure how to explain it, I didn't get a picture. The corners need to be grouted better. There is shrinkage/separation.

·
Administrator
10,120 Posts
I'd rather do it myself. I'm tired of going around with them, and whomever they are getting to do their work doesn't seem to try to do a good job. I'm ready to move in.

I'm just going to use a sanded acrylic caulk in a matching color. Itsy not a particularly hard or expensive task. I'm not sure why it couldn't have already been done. Just an example of the types of small things that were overlooked or done with no attention to detail.

Meaz, HO what??

·
Premium Member
5,664 Posts
Don't let the gnats get to ya!

See the BIG picture. And from the looks of it, it's a BIG picture.

Man, you are RICH in so many ways.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd rather do it myself. I'm tired of going around with them, and whomever they are getting to do their work doesn't seem to try to do a good job. I'm ready to move in.

I'm just going to use a sanded acrylic caulk in a matching color. Itsy not a particularly hard or expensive task. I'm not sure why it couldn't have already been done. Just an example of the types of small things that were overlooked or done with no attention to detail.

Meaz, HO what??

Only a select few give a damn. I ended up firing my builder, running his subs off and pulled mine across the finish line myself .
It’s a frustrating ordeal but in the end it’s worth it
Congratulations

-Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good friend had a (formally) good friend build his house. His friend got most of it done, but since he was already paid started doing other jobs instead of finishing important parts of the house, like his shower. He ended up hiring someone else to finish it and was glad he did since the quality of the work was much better.

7121 - 7140 of 7198 Posts