F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 6785 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The woman, like usual, and cheap ass aftermarket replacement parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,729 Posts
The woman, like usual, and cheap ass aftermarket replacement parts.

Continue on with the story of the cheap aftermarket parts...

·
Registered
7,395 Posts

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I put my motorcycle on Craigslist and only one reply. That and a $800 check book mistake.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Continue on with the story of the cheap aftermarket parts...
I don't know how many times I tell people, some things you just should get from the dealer. First two things that come to mind, catalytic converters and nissan cam/crank sensors for the 2.5.

Had a customer come in a while back with a bad converter on a Rav4. I tell them "Most aftermarket converters are only 40-50% efficient out of the box. I can put one on for a few hundred less but your CEL may come back on because of efficiency". It's going to run better because it won't be clogged but you may bet a light. They refuse to spend the extra money then come back furious in a month with the check engine light come on with a catalyst code. Even though I told them it was going to happen. THEY are the ones that wanted to save a couple bucks. And aftermarket exhaust piping doesn't usually fit worth a **** either.

I had another guy tell me the other day that there is no way his crank sensor could be bad on his Altima. The reason being that it's "just a magnet". It is literally nissan's most common issue on that car. They actually make a kit to replace the cam and crank sensor at the same time. He says "I don't trust you guys". Then why the **** are you here?!

·
Registered
13,026 Posts
That the fish were laughing @ me while I was teaching a maggot go swim

Sent from my white iPad 3 in a http://www.red.org/en/ smart case using an app called Tapatalk

·
Registered
873 Posts
Continuous catch can arguement threads. Can we make a separate section called catch can to keep them away from the other posts lol

1 - 20 of 6785 Posts
About this Discussion
6.8K Replies
291 Participants
bgk
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing