F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

6741 - 6760 of 6788 Posts

·
Administrator
7,736 Posts
Dang. Did you go swimming or something?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Daughter had pink eye before we left on the trip, then my wife got it the day after we landed. Then I got it the day after we landed back home. I just have had a tough time this year with sinus infections and all that pressure in my sinuses mixed with the elevation changes from the flights just set off the ear infections.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Daughter had pink eye before we left on the trip, then my wife got it the day after we landed. Then I got it the day after we landed back home. I just have had a tough time this year with sinus infections and all that pressure in my sinuses mixed with the elevation changes from the flights just set off the ear infections.
Oh man Gheeezis.

I totally feel ya on the sinus thing dude, just had my 3rd sinus surgery last year, been really good until last week now I'm all stuffed up again dealing with the headaches.
Makes for a really irritable not fun to be around Sirikenewtron, which sucks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Time to get the kid to wash her hands better! Nothing like poo particles in ya face!

On a lighter note.

I was helping my Ma and Pa take a load of **** to the dump and folded my tonneau cover up against the back glass. (I recently put a CB aerial back there for a trip we took.) pinched the Arial against the glass, mount bent in far enough and the two little 1/4" bolts holding it hit the drivers side glass and shattered it... Luckily it didn't blow out on my Ma's head, taped it up with some gorrila tape for now.

Got a used tinted slider from the wrecker for $170 that I'll put in Monday.

Oh and turf the stupid CB aerial.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My girlfriend's (formerly my) 2003 F-150 was totalled yesterday by some a-hole with no insurance and temp tags who ran a stop sign and then abandoned his car and fled the scene when she called the police. Spun her around into a phone pole, nearly tore the bed off, and bent the frame. Thank God she wasn't injured, but now we have to come up with $$$ we don't have to find her a new vehicle. I bought that truck new in 2003 and maintained it meticulously; no way to really replace it for what it was worth to us.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
My girlfriend's (formerly my) 2003 F-150 was totalled yesterday by some a-hole with no insurance and temp tags who ran a stop sign and then abandoned his car and fled the scene when she called the police. Spun her around into a phone pole, nearly tore the bed off, and bent the frame. Thank God she wasn't injured, but now we have to come up with $$$ we don't have to find her a new vehicle. I bought that truck new in 2003 and maintained it meticulously; no way to really replace it for what it was worth to us.
Lol no mention of how your girl is? Hope she's alright. It does suck but it's just a truck. And being an 03' prob not worth more than 3-4 K?

Even if the guy fled on foot they still have the vehicle that was registered even if temp does the police not go after the registered owner?

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Why said criminal fled on foot is....most definitely does not have insurance. But as long as your significant other did not get hurt.....the trucks a minor setback considering.
I've been T-Boned twice.
Totalled my 2001 Silverado and did not total my 14` F150?>I'm sure theirs a commercial somewhere in that?
1st accident young kid with no insurance.Second she had shi* bare bones coverage...my insurance ended up making up the difference!-sucks.
Glad no one got hurt....especially that dumb as* that fled the scene, could have been some MMA!
Looks like your the Uber now?

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Why said criminal fled on foot is....most definitely does not have insurance. But as long as your significant other did not get hurt.....the trucks a minor setback considering.
I've been T-Boned twice.
Totalled my 2001 Silverado and did not total my 14` F150?>I'm sure theirs a commercial somewhere in that?
1st accident young kid with no insurance.Second she had shi* bare bones coverage...my insurance ended up making up the difference!-sucks.
Glad no one got hurt....especially that dumb as* that fled the scene, could have been some MMA!
Looks like your the Uber now?
Thanks all; indeed the truck is just a truck, and she was uninjured, which is all I really care about. (y) Sorry if my original post was a bit scrambled; she lives in Houston and I'm in Austin, so it's really frustrating not being there with her right now.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Houston. That explains a lot!

I love the Texas coastal area, so don't get me wrong. But for whatever reasons, the metroplex has WAY too many uninsured drivers. My theory is that the consequences just aren't what they should be?

Heck, I think the penalty for driving uninsured should be BIGGER than any other driving related error, other than driving under the influence. And it shouldn't be much less than that aggregious offense.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
The largest reason is incredibly obvious. But, discussing it is a political hot-button and can't be done unless you want to be called a Nazi...
I'm not easily offended and yet I think I disagree. I say that simply because I believe it's cultural more than racial or where folks came from.

Or put another way, my kids (27-30 years old) are part of a generation that views obeying the law VERY differently than my generation.

It crosses all those ethnic lines. And they seem to believe they can't afford insurance so they simply drive without it and hope they get away with it. I tell them they can't afford NOT to have insurance and that without it you forfeit your right to drive. Period. End of story.

Of course they roll their eyes and consider me RICH and a dinosaur.

By the way, my generation also believes you HAVE to pay the ticket if you get one. These same yahoos think you pay it after you get punished for not paying it.

Ethics, accountability, and general morality is in decline. It's culture decline.

I better get off my soapbox. Lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Or put another way, my kids (27-30 years old) are part of a generation that views obeying the law VERY differently than my generation.

It crosses all those ethnic lines. And they seem to believe they can't afford insurance so they simply drive without it and hope they get away with it. I tell them they can't afford NOT to have insurance and that without it you forfeit your right to drive. Period. End of story.

Of course they roll their eyes and consider me RICH and a dinosaur.

By the way, my generation also believes you HAVE to pay the ticket if you get one. These same yahoos think you pay it after you get punished for not paying it
Can't get away with any of that up here in the Great White North. Insurance is mandatory and if you don't pay your tickets you can't renew your license or insurance.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Can't get away with any of that up here in the Great White North. Insurance is mandatory and if you don't pay your tickets you can't renew your license or insurance.
It's supposedly the same down here. Believe me.
But once their license has been revoked, or not renewed, or ticketed repeatedly........ these crazy folks drive without license or insurance.

My son is a county sherrif deputy. According to him traffic stops result in discovering the driver has revoked license and no insurance on a daily basis.

Arrest or no arrest, it doesn't solve the problem. They just tell him that they are now on so deep they can't afford to pay all the fines and getting more tickets or going to jail isn't going to change their situation.

Again, in my opinion the punishment isn't enough to affect a change in behavior. Kids are kids. They only avoid the things that they truly don't want to pay the price for. So raise the price!

Personally, if I were a judge and the file in front of me clearly indicated that the defendant is going to drive illegally the second they have an opportunity to, then I'd give them a sentence that I thought would change their mind. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
It's supposedly the same down here. Believe me.
But once their license has been revoked, or not renewed, or ticketed repeatedly........ these crazy folks drive without license or insurance.
Yeah, just thinking about that my step-daughter has been know recently to buy temp tags because its's what she could afford, and sometimes go without insurance until payday. Tough go as a part time single mom. Pisses me off that she'd take that chance with her kids and all though. And yeah, plenty of people driving around without insurance, or driver's licenses for that matter. You just made it sound more common or acceptable down there. I can't, and wouldn't, mess around, being a professional driver and all.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Repeat offenders of playing the no license, no insurance, no required inspections game should have the unique privelidge of watching their vehicle being crushed before their very eyes. Two or three cars later they might recognize the value of playing by the rules. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Repeat offenders of playing the no license, no insurance, no required inspections game should have the unique privelidge of watching their vehicle being crushed before their very eyes. Two or three cars later they might recognize the value of playing by the rules. ;)

I should of thought of that.
It's a better solution to the flagrant offender.

You can't continue to cost the law abiding driver uninsured damage costs if you don't have a car to run into them with.

I don't wish the hardships of life on anyone. But those with blatant disregard of others property draw far less empathy from me.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Was trying to plant some trees in the back yard and the irrigation line was dead center in the hole:

Problem solved:

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
So, Saturday evening, my 9 year old daughter had her first sleepover at a friend's house. She's 9 years old. One less than ten.

We knew she would stay up later than we like, but that's ok. We figured the girls (5 or 6 of them, all 8-10 years old) would play games, do birthday stuff, maybe watch a kid's movie or something, just be little girls.

Nope. Mom turns on a rated R horror film for the girls (8-10 years old, remember?) to watch. And when that was over, turns on ANOTHER rated R horror film for them. "Terrifier" and "Lights Out".

My 9 year old has no idea what cuss words are. She has no idea what sex is. She's as innocent as innocent gets. ONE SINGLE NIGHT at a friends house and she's presented 3+ hours of sheer terror, violence, bloody gore, sex scenes and obscenities shouted throughout both movies. And the 'mom' in this home somehow feels this is ok?

My daughter didn't sleep a single second that night. She was so terrified that she wouldn't get out of bed to walk through their dark house to use the restroom that she literally laid in bed and messed herself. She has not been more than 5 feet from my wife or myself since she got home early Sunday morning (my wife picked her up at 5 AM). She sobbed 3 separate times this morning getting ready for school. They quite literally traumatized my little girl.

I am beside myself at what some people call parenting these days. Such a shame. Let them be little!!!!!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
So, Saturday evening, my 9 year old daughter had her first sleepover at a friend's house. She's 9 years old. One less than ten.

We knew she would stay up later than we like, but that's ok. We figured the girls (5 or 6 of them, all 8-10 years old) would play games, do birthday stuff, maybe watch a kid's movie or something, just be little girls.

Nope. Mom turns on a rated R horror film for the girls (8-10 years old, remember?) to watch. And when that was over, turns on ANOTHER rated R horror film for them. "Terrifier" and "Lights Out".

My 9 year old has no idea what cuss words are. She has no idea what sex is. She's as innocent as innocent gets. ONE SINGLE NIGHT at a friends house and she's presented 3+ hours of sheer terror, violence, bloody gore, sex scenes and obscenities shouted throughout both movies. And the 'mom' in this home somehow feels this is ok?

My daughter didn't sleep a single second that night. She was so terrified that she wouldn't get out of bed to walk through their dark house to use the restroom that she literally laid in bed and messed herself. She has not been more than 5 feet from my wife or myself since she got home early Sunday morning (my wife picked her up at 5 AM). She sobbed 3 separate times this morning getting ready for school. They quite literally traumatized my little girl.

I am beside myself at what some people call parenting these days. Such a shame. Let them be little!!!!!
Oh boy... I think I would probably be getting into some legal trouble if that happened to my daughter.
That's fucking totally ridiculous. What a stupid ass *****

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Oh boy... I think I would probably be getting into some legal trouble if that happened to my daughter.
That's fucking totally ridiculous. What a stupid ass *
It's better that my wife picked her up while I stayed home with the other kids. I would not have been polite.

6741 - 6760 of 6788 Posts
About this Discussion
6.8K Replies
291 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing