F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

6761 - 6780 of 6788 Posts

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
It's better that my wife picked her up while I stayed home with the other kids. I would not have been polite.
Yeah that would have had to happen if it was us too, wife definitely would need to get her.

Poor girl

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
And while my wife was bathing our daughter, the rambunctious 2 YO falls off our bed and hits something on the way down.

He’s one of those super tough little boys. He cried for maybe 90 seconds and then got mad at us for trying to look at the cut. He took a bath a few minutes later and all was fine.

·
Registered
239 Posts
So, Saturday evening, my 9 year old daughter had her first sleepover at a friend's house. She's 9 years old. One less than ten.

We knew she would stay up later than we like, but that's ok. We figured the girls (5 or 6 of them, all 8-10 years old) would play games, do birthday stuff, maybe watch a kid's movie or something, just be little girls.

Nope. Mom turns on a rated R horror film for the girls (8-10 years old, remember?) to watch. And when that was over, turns on ANOTHER rated R horror film for them. "Terrifier" and "Lights Out".

My 9 year old has no idea what cuss words are. She has no idea what sex is. She's as innocent as innocent gets. ONE SINGLE NIGHT at a friends house and she's presented 3+ hours of sheer terror, violence, bloody gore, sex scenes and obscenities shouted throughout both movies. And the 'mom' in this home somehow feels this is ok?

My daughter didn't sleep a single second that night. She was so terrified that she wouldn't get out of bed to walk through their dark house to use the restroom that she literally laid in bed and messed herself. She has not been more than 5 feet from my wife or myself since she got home early Sunday morning (my wife picked her up at 5 AM). She sobbed 3 separate times this morning getting ready for school. They quite literally traumatized my little girl.

I am beside myself at what some people call parenting these days. Such a shame. Let them be little!!!!!
I was going to add my own insignificant issue but now this has me irate. The nerve of some people.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I was going to add my own insignificant issue but now this has me irate. The nerve of some people.
LOL. I posted about it on a Mustang forum I frequent and the convo is pretty wild. Several people saying it's our fault for not knowing the parents better and several sharing like sentiment, outrage. Apparently there's a scene in Terrifier where a topless woman is hung upside-down and sawn in half from crotch to head. I have no desire to see that and I can only imagine how terrifying it was for my 9 YO daughter.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL. I posted about it on a Mustang forum I frequent and the convo is pretty wild. Several people saying it's our fault for not knowing the parents better and several sharing like sentiment, outrage. Apparently there's a scene in Terrifier where a topless woman is hung upside-down and sawn in half from crotch to head. I have no desire to see that and I can only imagine how terrifying it was for my 9 YO daughter.
Damn!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Yikes. My older kid and her friend convinced my youngest to watch the new IT with them she's 9 too. She had night mares for 2 days about penny wise.

In no way do I think kids need to be sheltered from real life but that parent should have asked or told you what we be on that night.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I will admit that I had similar thoughts but I also feel you cannot walk through every possible scenario with other parents either. As humans we expect a bit of decency and respect, and we should.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
I will admit that I had similar thoughts but I also feel you cannot walk through every possible scenario with other parents either. As humans we expect a bit of decency and respect, and we should.
Exactly. You shouldn't have to ask people not to take your children on crime sprees, give them drugs or beer, or leave them unsupervised watching very graphic rated-R (one film isn't even rated because it couldn't get the NC-17?) adult flicks at a still innocent 9 years old. Of course I'm kidding about the crime sprees and drugs, or am I? Lord only knows these days.

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's better that my wife picked her up while I stayed home with the other kids. I would not have been polite.
Yeah... the legal ramifications for punching the dumb b**** in the throat are probably more than you want to deal with. People amaze me.

·
Registered
331 Posts
LSPI pisses me off every day. even with 98 octane in the tank.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The AK DMV has decided to revoke my CDL citing that I didn’t pass the pre trip. I was issued the license 16 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not as significant as a lot of ones I have seen on here BUT...

I just realized this morning that my dumb*ss shipped my new bilstein 5100s to my home not to my apartment at school... guess its time for a whirlwind run home a week before I go anyways :( ...

·
Registered
52 Posts
My wife's explorer popped ANOTHER spark plug out (4.6 2v). A few more and it will have the full set replaced. Thankfully, there is the save-a-thread kit and I've gotten good at it.

This could also go in "what made your day" since it's less than a 15 minute job now. And she appreciates how handy I am with this stuff.

·
Administrator
9,491 Posts
It was either the 5.4 or the 4.6 that this was kind of a common issue on for a bit.

Then, on the other side of that, was a streak that would break the two piece plug off flush with the head when you tried to remove it. Lol. That was so common there is a specific set of tools developed to deal with it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would imagine that means it ejected it out of the head.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Correct,. They are notorious motors for literally popping plugs out of the head. You re-tap, put a thread kit in with high temp sealant, tighten, let the sealant cure overnight. Away she goes. It's more of an inconvenience than anything.

6761 - 6780 of 6788 Posts
About this Discussion
6.8K Replies
291 Participants
akmedic77
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing