F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

6781 - 6789 of 6789 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well, I installed new rear Bilstein 5100s and replaced all the spark plugs and boots yesterday, life is good, then on my way home from dove hunting today I ran over a deer.... thankfully for me he appears to have just run into the tire and gotten caught by the shoulder lugs of my KO2s. No visible damage on the truck but I'll check in the AM. I'm having the fronts done and aligned so I'll have them check everything underneath. Deer was pretty mangled which is too bad.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
Well, I installed new rear Bilstein 5100s and replaced all the spark plugs and boots yesterday, life is good, then on my way home from dove hunting today I ran over a deer.... thankfully for me he appears to have just run into the tire and gotten caught by the shoulder lugs of my KO2s. No visible damage on the truck but I'll check in the AM. I'm having the fronts done and aligned so I'll have them check everything underneath. Deer was pretty mangled which is too bad.
Damn! Venison and dove breast! Mmm

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
@Sirikenewtron we're pretty excited for the dove breasts, up at school so hitting WIHA land is a little slow but still darn fun! Unfortunately we were in the middle of nowhere western Kansas and couldn't get anyone out there to get a salvage tag which pissed me off too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was either the 5.4 or the 4.6 that this was kind of a common issue on for a bit.

Then, on the other side of that, was a streak that would break the two piece plug off flush with the head when you tried to remove it. Lol. That was so common there is a specific set of tools developed to deal with it.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
The 5.4. Had one do it on my 98 F 150 right before i blew the engine. I guess I shouldn't complain, I got a little over 300K miles out of the POS engine

·
Registered
45 Posts
The 5.4. Had one do it on my 98 F 150 right before i blew the engine. I guess I shouldn't complain, I got a little over 300K miles out of the POS engine
I had a 5.4 in an 09. Had someone else do the plugs because I knew it would likely be one of those jobs that pissed me off more than it was worth. Other than that it was a great engine, not a single issue in the 60k I owned it. My brother in law then bought it from me and drove it another 100k without issue before trading it in.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Your 09 had completely normal plugs. No problems changing them. The two piece plugs ended in late 2007.

I had a 5.4 in an 09. Had someone else do the plugs because I knew it would likely be one of those jobs that pissed me off more than it was worth. Other than that it was a great engine, not a single issue in the 60k I owned it. My brother in law then bought it from me and drove it another 100k without issue before trading it in.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
“Pass the pre trip”, I’m not sure what that means.
They have to do vehicle pre trip inspections before driving.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
True. You have to pass a pre-trip inspection and then do a road test. But you can’t road test if you fail the pre-trip inspection.

This will possibly come with a large financial loss if the decision is held up. I’ve been making some calls...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3 Posts
A deer ran into the side of my truck and now door cannot open. Looks like it will be out of commission for a while so it can go to the body shop :(

6781 - 6789 of 6789 Posts