F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

6941 - 6960 of 6990 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Theirs a simple solution.
You have to weight train & get some cardio in daily. Don't need to over do lifting, in fact light weight training is fine. Get out there and walk at least 1 mile a day.
Ok (not a Dr.Oz guy-lol) I'm more of a breakfast IS important to getting your day started kind a guy.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
If only it was that easy. I have been a weightlifter and runner for most of my life. I have not been able to lift weights for the past 6 years due to my previous two surgeries. As of yesterday I can't run anymore either. So how do I exercise now? I can't swim and I can't ride a bike due to my previous two surgeries, they were arm and elbow related. They don't even want me walking very far at this point. Unfortunately doing the two things you mention sure hasn't helped me.that's too many problems for only being 46.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
It is exactly all the weightlifting and running that got me where I am today. Broken orthopedic parts lead to broken cardio parts. . .

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
It is exactly all the weightlifting and running that got me where I am today. Broken orthopedic parts lead to broken cardio parts. . .

Yes I wonder if that is part of my issue as well. I was big into heavy bodybuilding and weightlifting competitions and probably overdid it.

By the way, thanks for your service.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Holy crap ITTOG.....sorry to hear all of that!
Possibly a nice rocker parked in the sun/shade for some vitamin D>recharge the batteries?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Holy crap ITTOG.....sorry to hear all of that!
Possibly a nice rocker parked in the sun/shade for some vitamin D>recharge the batteries?

Funny you provide that picture. I am literally driving to the mountains to do that for the next 4 days. Will also be doing some off roading in the truck and on ATVs.

·
Registered
318 Posts
My wife's f*"*ing explorer. I think it wants to die. Idler pulley went out, changed it, ate a belt 30 miles later, overheated, drove it for about 10 minutes because...cold and baby in back..get new belt...high PITA factor getting belt on, unhook battery to reset CEL, battery connection broke. I'm convinced it's trying to just die.
IMG_20200205_173951.jpg

·
Registered
318 Posts
Very poor gas mileage. This is due to towing a 1600 pound cargo trailer, 350 lb of gear, driving into a 15 mile per hour headwind, and oversized tires. It still sucks.
IMG_20200205_193406.jpg

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I'd check for a boat anchor hanging off the back...that's bad.
Agreed. Thats bad. Towing a 5500 lb full size TT into a 20 mph didnt net me that bad of an mpg.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Very poor gas mileage. This is due to towing a 1600 pound cargo trailer, 350 lb of gear, driving into a 15 mile per hour headwind, and oversized tires. It still sucks. View attachment 165052

Bad gas or your spark plugs gave up the ghost.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
What speed did you average? I have cruise set at 75 but probably only average 70.

Pretty much always at 70 mph.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If only it was that easy. I have been a weightlifter and runner for most of my life. I have not been able to lift weights for the past 6 years due to my previous two surgeries. As of yesterday I can't run anymore either. So how do I exercise now? I can't swim and I can't ride a bike due to my previous two surgeries, they were arm and elbow related. They don't even want me walking very far at this point. Unfortunately doing the two things you mention sure hasn't helped me.that's too many problems for only being 46.

For a quality cardio workout that's low impact and doesn't destroy knees, backs, etc., I strongly recommend the Nordic Track skier: https://www.nordictrack.com/classic-pro-skier. I have one knee that's "filled to the brim" with arthritis and another following suit, have had back issues ranging from a hernia to sciatica to (insert "dammit, not AGAIN!!!" injury here), and I've found that not only has this machine strengthened my core, but my breathing is better, my knees quit hurting and now have protective muscle that they were needing for support, and I've lost and kept off some unneeded weight I put on when I went from working on the retail floor to working in a retail office. I also play drums every week for at least a couple of hours with my band, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let my body tell me I'm not doing THAT anymore! The skier isn't "cool" and most gyms don't have them, but they work great! You can also find them used and replace the clutch drive rollers (the only parts that can go bad) in about 5 minutes a side, CHEAP, and have a reliable unit for years to come. Anyway, my 53 year old ramble for the day.... 😁 Wishing you all the best, and try your best not to let your injuries get you down!

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Second fail of the season :(
021BD8E2-25A9-4E01-9DFE-3D7A15CA5AF7.jpeg

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
It’s only annoying because I’ve been at this for like 26 years and still no 300!

6941 - 6960 of 6990 Posts