F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you guys be interested in a tuner/ programmer with a 2 year 24,000 mile powertrain warranty. This warranty would be good from date of tuner purchase. Just looking for feedback. Don't have pricing yet.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
For Sure! I will not tune or perform any modifications until my warranty is up, so basically 6 years. If a tuner was available that had a warranty that i could rely on if I had tuner related issues I would seriously consider that product. It would also have to have a reasonable price and quality gains. On my previous vehicle there were tunes and parts available from the manufacturer that if installed by a manufacturer approved dealer would not affect the new vehicle warranty. I have not seen anything like this with Ford.

SPPD

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think we are close to being able to offer an intake and tuner package with a warranty. Power gains would be very good still.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Keep us posted! My bet is that there will be quite a few folks interested!

SPPD

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
It's tough to say without ball park figures on cost. 3year 36 would obviously be more piece of mind, but will the cost be worth the benefit? I will be patiently waiting to see the final numbers both performance and cost and the details on the warranty.

SPPD

SPPD

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
I would be very interested. I refuse to tune until I am out of warranty.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay, so lets say for 1100.00 shipped, you could have the set up that we did on our truck (AFE Stage 2 Intake & Tuner - 447RWTQ). You would get the 2 year 24,000 mile warranty from time of purchase.
332d1364237589-2011-2012-2013-f150-ecoboost-afe-magnum-force-stage-2-intake-install-dyno-numbers.jpg

·
Registered
229 Posts
This sounds like a good idea, would this cover any and everything that a programmer "could" (as the dealership says) cause.

·
Registered
537 Posts
So if I am speculating correct what your saying is that you would receive the intake system, the tuner and an aftermarket extended (non Ford) warranty that would cover the cost of repairs should Ford decline warranty coverage due to have installed a tuner program on the truck?
So the after market warranty would only apply and pay if Ford refused, and the aftermarket warranty would have a tuner exception clause? What is any deductible?

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The warranty would be a complete powertrain warranty. It would be an aftermarket warranty (meaning ford will still void your powertrain warranty and this would take over). I don't think there would be any deductible. The rest of your ford warranty would stay in tact.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I would be interested in hearing more about this.

Maybe I have a stupid question but is the dyno results you posted showing HP and torque...is that rear wheel or at the flywheel?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think we are close to being able to offer an intake and tuner package with a warranty. Power gains would be very good still.
I would definitely be interested. You mentioned last week that there was possibly a warranty coming out for the Edge. Thank you again Bill for selling me my Edge CTS Evolution and AFE intake. My truck purs on the 91 Race tune.

·
Vendor
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would definitely be interested. You mentioned last week that there was possibly a warranty coming out for the Edge. Thank you again Bill for selling me my Edge CTS Evolution and AFE intake. My truck purs on the 91 Race tune.
Im glad you signed up on the forum. I knew you would be happy with those parts. Im close on the warranty option.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
21 Participants
Kc311
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing