F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
969 Posts
What’s a decent intake air temp while doing a road trip? I’m seeing 80+ degrees outside and running around 111 degrees or so of intake air temp.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
I may be a bit cooler in IAT2 doing 70MPH on an 85 degree day. peaking at 118 and running 105 at a steady cruise. With my tire/gear combination 70 MPH at 2000 RPM in 6th gear, pulling about -1 to -2 PSI vacuum/boost. KM

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
2017 RCSB 2.7. ECT 201 trans temp 158, this is on a 76 degree day and after driving about 20 minutes. I do not think I have ever seen 180 trans temp. KM
I thought all the 15+ trucks had 200 degree transmission thermostats?... Maybe not.

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7 Ecoboost 3.55 Axle
969 Posts
I may be a bit cooler in IAT2 doing 70MPH on an 85 degree day. peaking at 118 and running 105 at a steady cruise. With my tire/gear combination 70 MPH at 2000 RPM in 6th gear, pulling about -1 to -2 PSI vacuum/boost. KM
Ok. I was doing 85 mph, about 2200 rpm in 6th gear with about 1-3 psi

Reactions: butthead

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
How did cargo capacity to 2286?
That's actually not the highest for an HDPP F150.
Crew Cab 2WD XLT can be in the #2800 range.

I suspect he has a really nice equipped HDPP

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Atlee

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Pulling my 4K boat trans at 210 engine 195. Seems crazy to me.
What seems crazy?
Those are pretty good sweet spot temps for a truck pulling a load.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That's actually not the highest for an HDPP F150.
Crew Cab 2WD XLT can be in the #2800 range.

I suspect he has a really nice equipped HDPP

It's not that nicely equipped. Just an XLT 301A (mid range), but it is a 4x4, and biggest difference from later HDPP's, my 2014 is the last of the steel bodied F150's.

·
Registered
732 Posts
How did cargo capacity to 2286?
It's not that nicely equipped. Just an XLT 301A (mid range), but it is a 4x4, and biggest difference from later HDPP's, my 2014 is the last of the steel bodied F150's.
My sticker shows 2325. If I remember correctly from comparing window stickers a few years back, the only difference between Atlee's truck and mine is that he has the 60/40 front seat and I have buckets and center console.

Reactions: Atlee

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
My sticker shows 2325. If I remember correctly from comparing window stickers a few years back, the only difference between Atlee's truck and mine is that he has the 60/40 front seat and I have buckets and center console.
In my opinion they are both wicked ½ton Pick-up trucks. CrewCab 6½' bed Ecoboost 4WD that can CARRY!

·
Registered
131 Posts
I wonder what makes my truck slightly heavier, by 39 pounds? I would have thought the 40/console/40 front seat would have been slightly heavier than the 40/20/40 bench front seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
2017 RCSB 2.7. View attachment 174268
ECT 201 trans temp 158, this is on a 76 degree day and after driving about 20 minutes. I do not think I have ever seen 180 trans temp. KM
That is strange. My transmission does take a long time to get up to temperature because, once the torque converter starts locking up at 105F, it doesn't generate much heat. But once its up to temp it really doesn't drop below 198F. I can coast down Parley's canyon in the middle of the winter, which is like 15 miles and 3000', and it will still stay at 198F.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ECT 180-190 Trans 195-202. 170 stat and a bunch of cooling mods.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
That is strange. My transmission does take a long time to get up to temperature because, once the torque converter starts locking up at 105F, it doesn't generate much heat. But once its up to temp it really doesn't drop below 198F. I can coast down Parley's canyon in the middle of the winter, which is like 15 miles and 3000', and it will still stay at 198F.
Just had the coolant flushed and replaced this summer. I have not monitored over long distances but the temps I showed were after driving 8 miles across town, then the 55 MPH 10 mile bypass back home. It has run cold trans temps since I brought it home. KM

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 · (Edited)
A recent experiment with highway speeds on a sunny 97 degree day, just over 100 miles covered. No load or trailer.
Setting the cruise at different speeds showed the engine temp moving back and forth between 210 - 216. Pretty much the same as always. Transmission temps went up to 207 - 210 but came back down to 201 in town.
The analog gauges never move once up to operating temp... not even the oil.
All seems to be good. I'm still getting used to the 10 speed.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Vehicle
Speedometer Car Odometer Trip computer Tachometer
Speedometer Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Attachments

Reactions: snakebitten

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Just had the coolant flushed and replaced this summer. I have not monitore over long distances buth the temps I showed were after driving 8 miles across town, then the 55 MPH 10 mile bypass back home. It has run cold trans temps since I brought it home. KM
Exactly. It probably takes my transmission a solid half hour to get up to temp in the summer. in the winter I bet its an hour. Towing its like 5 minutes :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I can't seem to find Transmission Temperature in Forscan on my 2021 3.5 XLT. One reader app I tried showed a reading under "transmission temp method 3" which makes me think it is guessing based on other readings & calculations rather than having a sensor.

The dash gauge seems completely random, sometimes barely moves, didn't go up at all hauling a trailer up a mountain etc.

Forscan on my laptop only gives me transmission temperature status as an option for dashboard which I think is either good or fault not a reading.

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Doesn't the XLT offer numerical transmission temps in the menu system?

The Lariat+ doesn't offer that numeric temp option like the XLT, but of course with Forscan you can enable it full-time above the temp gauge itself.

Not sure why you feel that there isn't a temp sensor somewhere? Although you could be right technically because supposedly the ECT sensor isn't exactly a temperature sensor either, but rather some kind of reference that calculates a temp. (I don't exactly understand it)

21 - 40 of 67 Posts