F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Doesn't the XLT offer numerical transmission temps in the menu system?

The Lariat+ doesn't offer that numeric temp option like the XLT, but of course with Forscan you can enable it full-time above the temp gauge itself.

Not sure why you feel that there isn't a temp sensor somewhere? Although you could be right technically because supposedly the ECT sensor isn't exactly a temperature sensor either, but rather some kind of reference that calculates a temp. (I don't exactly understand it)

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Mine has the smallest 4.2" cluster which doesn't offer the configurable gauges (can't swap in boost gauge etc), I will have to search again about the numerical display but the needle seems completely random (can be at almost zero a whole trip then just under half when I restart).

Sent from my SM-A526W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Looks like it's only an option for the bigger screen so still looking for a workaround in an app. Android forscan trial app doesn't seem to communicate with my obd Bluetooth device but I'd like to know it will show me boost & trans temperature before I spring for a more expensive adapter.

·
Premium Member
2021 Powerboost Platinum FX4 Kodiak Brown
10,086 Posts
Mine has the smallest 4.2" cluster which doesn't offer the configurable gauges (can't swap in boost gauge etc), I will have to search again about the numerical display but the needle seems completely random (can be at almost zero a whole trip then just under half when I restart).

Yes, the small display does not afford you the option for permanent display of numerical temp. But, I think you WILL find that the numerical value is available in the "My View" feature and thus you can add it to one of your quick view options.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, the small display does not afford you the option for permanent display of numerical temp. But, I think you WILL find that the numerical value is available in the "My View" feature and thus you can add it to one of your quick view options.

The 4. 2" screen doesn't have the my view option unfortunately.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I have a ScanGuage2 on my Ford chassis motorhome that plugs into my OBD2 connector. I bought it at Autozone for about $150. I can see both tranny and engine temps as well as all kinds of other stuff. I'm sure there are other aftermarket solutions out there as well.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
The 4. 2" screen doesn't have the my view option unfortunately.

You don't have this option:

Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Tachometer Gauge

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I'm still pretty sure that your XLT has menu selections for Transmission Temperature.

It would be strange for your truck not to if others of the same make/model do.

I could be missing something though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm still pretty sure that your XLT has menu selections for Transmission Temperature.

Only options I have are Digital speed, trip 1,trip 2,driver assistance, fuel economy & calm screen.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
That's the choices under the category of Fuel Economy.
Don't you have additional categories?

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
That is strange. My transmission does take a long time to get up to temperature because, once the torque converter starts locking up at 105F, it doesn't generate much heat. But once its up to temp it really doesn't drop below 198F. I can coast down Parley's canyon in the middle of the winter, which is like 15 miles and 3000', and it will still stay at 198F.

Got the chance to take a few hour plus drives and mine does reach 190's eventually. I do have only 4400 pounds of truck and hills not mountains nearby. KM

·
Registered
675 Posts

Late to this one, but I think only max tow XLT's have transmission temps option in the display. I use a scangaugeII as well.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Late to this one, but I think only max tow XLT's have transmission temps option in the display. I use a scangaugeII as well.
Sounds plausible, but I had never heard that before. I wonder if it's a Forscan field then that could be enabled?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
My XLT has it and it’s not a max tow. But it is the middle of the 3 different tow packages they offer. Window sticker stated 36 gal tank with tow package.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,805 Posts
My non max tow 302a XLT 12th gen has it with the small display. Also has the blank screen where digital speedo should be and that chaps my butt a tad.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's the choices under the category of Fuel Economy.
Don't you have additional categories?

The fuel economy at the top is just what the current screen was I pressed 'menu' no other options than those mentioned

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
My non max tow 302a XLT 12th gen has it with the small display. Also has the blank screen where digital speedo should be and that chaps my butt a tad.
Maybe THAT can be enabled in Forscan as well?

I'll see if I can find out. BlownF150 might already know

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
The fuel economy at the top is just what the current screen was I pressed 'menu' no other options than those mentioned

Very strange now that others with XLT dashes report they have it. Even previous generation trucks.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Maybe trucks that don’t have hitches or transmission coolers would not have it. If even built that way.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts