F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I needed to join one of these forums before the bug bites me (I see it flying around and closing in on me)

new owner of a lightly used 2018 f150 (stx, sport, 4x4, 2.7)

have goals and dreams of a purely cosmetic end, but I dont want it to come at the expense of too much fuel economy (why I got the tiny engine to begin with)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Welcome. Good luck. You should’ve joined the Prius forum. You’re screwed. [dont say I didn’t warn ya]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. Good luck. You should’ve joined the Prius forum. You’re screwed. [dont say I didn’t warn ya]

I was driving an 09 pathfinder previously, so thats my bench mark for economy. I'm not looking for enduro-mileage, just keep it at around (or slightly above) what I was getting before

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Where in FL? I’m in Miami area

You shouldn’t have a problem getting good mileage as far as a truck is concerned with your set up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this would be my first dabbling into any aftermarket stuff here

first goal of mine, I need to find what width tire/wheel I need to get the wheels flush with the fender, and how much increase in size I can get without lift

other innerwebs sources lead me to believe with stock rims, I could fit up to 275/70r18 without rubbing.... but if I wanted to bring the tires to a width thats flush with the fenders with a wider rim, can I still maintain that same tire height, without a lift/level, and without rubbing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
2 Participants
FloridaMan
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing