F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy's, what is included in the max tow? From my understanding is the 3.73 rear end and the mirrors. Anything else I'm missing? Trans cooler is on all models correct?

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lets see what all I can remember: The mirrors, 3:73 gears, heavier duty bumper, different receiver hitch, brake controller, tow package, different power steering pump, and maybe something else that I can't think of at the moment.

Transmission cooler comes with the tow PKG.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets see what all I can remember: The mirrors, 3:73 gears, heavier duty bumper, different receiver hitch, brake controller, tow package, different power steering pump, and maybe something else that I can't think of at the moment.

Transmission cooler comes with the tow PKG.
I have the tow package and the 3.73 so I assume I can tow 11,000 pounds, correct?

2013 Lariat CrewCab 4x4 Off-Road ShortBox w/3.73

·
Registered
271 Posts
The mirrors are an option and not always with max tow. I have the max tow on my FX4 and just have the standard mirrors.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Max tow = whatever I decide to tow. ;)

·
Registered
373 Posts
Max tow state side usually comes with TT mirrors, where as its optional up here in Canada. But 11,300lb towing, tranny cooler, mirrors, 3.73 gears, grade 5 hitch and different rear bumper.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think, and this is Canada, if you get the tow package from the factory, you get the 10k tow bar, brake controller, and transmission cooler. You can get that on any gears.

The max tow adds heavier rear springs, LT tires, class 5 tow bar, and specifies the 3.73 gears.

Towing mirrors are a dealer swap out option you can add any time. If you've got the max tow package from the factory, power extending mirror wiring is there.

If you don't order the tow package from the factory, the only pain is the transmission cooler install. The brake controller is a drop in.

That's my understanding when I picked out my truck. I have the tow package with 3.31 gears, since I don't tow anywhere near the max 9400 lbs for that set up, and have no plans to do so.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I payed $100 extra for the 3.73 on my Lariat.

·
Registered
523 Posts
From the 2013 F-150 brochure.

(restrictions apply) Class IV trailer hit receiver; 7-pin siring harness; upgraded radiator; auxiliary transmission oil cooler; trailer brake controller; upgraded rear bumper; SelectShift Automatic transmission; and chrome-capped PowerScope power-telescoping/-folding trailer tow mirrors with power, heated glass, integrated turn signal indicators and security approach lamps.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think, and this is Canada...

...Towing mirrors are a dealer swap out option you can add any time. If you've got the max tow package from the factory, power extending mirror wiring is there.
Not quite correct (but not far off!). Yes, Ford offers an after-market pair of extendible tow mirrors (for $860CAD + taxes), but they will NOT power fold... they are:

- heated
- extendible
- with puddle lights/indicators
- power adjustable
- MANUAL fold

The only way to achieve power fold is to order a truck with the factory installed tow mirror (it's my understanding that they require a separate switch on the driver's door, which the standard mirrors don't use/come with)

I looked into this for my own '13 FX4, 'cos I didn't think ahead and took a truck with regular mirrors, but tow 8.5' wide trailers semi-frequently (my one & only regret about my truck - DOH!)... FWIW, Action Van & Truck offer a similar option for aftermarket tow mirrors, but they're $250CAD + taxes for each mirror (same deal - heated, power adjust, extending, LED's, but no power-fold)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not quite correct (but not far off!). Yes, Ford offers an after-market pair of extendible tow mirrors (for $860CAD + taxes), but they will NOT power fold... they are:

- heated
- extendible
- with puddle lights/indicators
- power adjustable
- MANUAL fold

The only way to achieve power fold is to order a truck with the factory installed tow mirror (it's my understanding that they require a separate switch on the driver's door, which the standard mirrors don't use/come with)

I looked into this for my own '13 FX4, 'cos I didn't think ahead and took a truck with regular mirrors, but tow 8.5' wide trailers semi-frequently (my one & only regret about my truck - DOH!)... FWIW, Action Van & Truck offer a similar option for aftermarket tow mirrors, but they're $250CAD + taxes for each mirror (same deal - heated, power adjust, extending, LED's, but no power-fold)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I have a 2011 with the max tow and it came with the mirrors but I don't have the option of power fold. I have all the other options thou. Also there had been changes the last two years to some features with these trucks but it would be a nice upgrade if they can add the power folding switch

·
Registered
943 Posts
I sure hope Ford puts the "Power Scope Mirrors" on the new F-150's. This is one thing that I really wish was on my truck.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Still confused. I have the regular tow package and I believe I have everything on that list but the mirrors?
You don't have the same receiver as a max tow

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just took delivery on a 30 foot cruiser river toy hauler Dry weight of 8000 lbs and tongue weight of 1250 lbs. Went through a lot of hoops getting the weight distribution hitch to balance the truck and trailer. Not sure what the max tongue weight the truck can handle without the hitch. The RV dealer finally had to go to Reese Dealer and purchase me a Reese weight distribution hitch and problem solved. The truck impressed me with the pulling power, even starting on hills. Stability seems to be good. I anticipate a loaded out weight of 10,000 lbs and feel confident the ecoboost is up to the challenge.
2013 XLT CrewCab short box with max tow package

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd like the heavy duty radiator and transmission cooler on ANY truck, but don't know if that's doable. Maybe aftermarket?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with you, my 2013 FX4 seems to have all those items except the 3.73 rear end and tow mirrors. Is there an upgraded trans cooler that can be added. The brackets holding the trans cooler seem to be made to hold a larger cooler. Anyone know?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts