F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is bone-stock right now but I've got the itch to start adding some performance mods. Just wondering what everyone else is planning to do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have added the solo dual exhaust system truck seams to run better but the sound is hard to get use to sounded like a honda rice burner .called solo they sent me a resonator free of charge muffled the sound .sounds better but !!!!!! any one use a chip yet ?? thats my next move

Attachments

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Recommendation would be to start with Intake and Tune, Next step would definitely be an exhaust. The most gains will be from a Y-Pipe and a Catback, but the Y-Pipe alone will net you more gains than a catback alone. We setup most of our customers on that setup and they are more than happy with their trucks. Most Guys cant stay off the gas, the trucks just feel good to drive.

Here is a link to the items we mostly recommend for mods on an F150 Ecoboost. The market is still very new, this is what we have found that works. A setup similar to the above is the setup on the Country's Fastest and Quickest Ecoboost F150.(TurboPete)
2011+ Ecoboost F-150 - Mak Performance

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Recommendation would be to start with Intake and Tune, Next step would definitely be an exhaust. The most gains will be from a Y-Pipe and a Catback, but the Y-Pipe alone will net you more gains than a catback alone. We setup most of our customers on that setup and they are more than happy with their trucks. Most Guys cant stay off the gas, the trucks just feel good to drive.

Here is a link to the items we mostly recommend for mods on an F150 Ecoboost. The market is still very new, this is what we have found that works. A setup similar to the above is the setup on the Country's Fastest and Quickest Ecoboost F150.(TurboPete)
2011+ Ecoboost F-150 - Mak Performance
Adrian, I’ve seen that FX2 on youtube laying down some very impressive 1/4 mile times!

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
551 Posts
Adrian, I’ve seen that FX2 on youtube laying down some very impressive 1/4 mile times!

Ya man that truck is haulin. We have a few more things in store for that truck. We will be adding some caltracs pretty soon, we hop to make it a bit faster as it sits now. We also already added a new intercooler to the combination, and we will have information and stats soon.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ya man that truck is haulin. We have a few more things in store for that truck. We will be adding some caltracs pretty soon, we hop to make it a bit faster as it sits now. We also already added a new intercooler to the combination, and we will have information and stats soon.
I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of #'s yall are putting down. I'm excited about the potential these little engines have in them....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Any body know what these mods do to your standard warranty?
Depends who you talk to. I've talked to two different Ford service managers and gotten two completely different answers:

1st: Unless they can prove what you've modified has undoubtedly caused the failure they can't void your warranty.

2nd: You touch ANYTHING your warranty is voided....

Let’s just say I know which dealer I’m taking my truck to if I have any issues….

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Heartthrob exhaust is 4" cat back exhaust that doesn't sound like Jap Scrap. It also improved power and fuel economy. Air raid intake also helped with both. My buddy says the Bully Dog intake works well also. My next mod is Superchips Flashpaq which boasts great improvements in both power and fuel economy. I hope it does, and I hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
One has to be careful about modificiations - at least until off the factory warranty. I noticed in my Owners manual that it states that modifications to the exhaust or intake systems could void the warranty. I also wish they had let the exhaust sound more like a truck. The stock stysem is very quiet. Shaf

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm kinda worried about this as well. I guess it just depends on the dealership and how hard they want to work for you. I believe the dealership has to prove your modifications did not produce the problem.

One has to be careful about modificiations - at least until off the factory warranty. I noticed in my Owners manual that it states that modifications to the exhaust or intake systems could void the warranty. I also wish they had let the exhaust sound more like a truck. The stock stysem is very quiet. Shaf

·
Registered
35 Posts
What kind of mods can I make to my 2012 F150 with out voiding my warrenty? Will having it tuned, changing the exhaust or adding a chip void it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
What kind of mods can I make to my 2012 F150 with out voiding my warrenty? Will having it tuned, changing the exhaust or adding a chip void it?
I don't have experience with the ecoboost yet but i do know back when i had a diesel you could get away with a cold air/high flow intake and exhaust no problem. Once you start messing with the programming of the ECM (chip/tuner) your warranty typically goes out the window. But again this is all based on your service dealer, some will let you get away with more then others.....

I know my truck will not be staying stock for the full term of the warranty BUT i know going in that the modifications i perform could void my warranty and those are consequences I’m willing to accept.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Just joined, great site! I just traded in my 2013 Boss 302s and bought a 2013 ecoboost FX4. Not new to modding of turbo charged toys to make them faster.. Im just curious if Ford is being sticklers on aftermarket tunes, CAI's, and full exhausts on these trucks/motors as they are all the 2011+ mustangs? I would LOVE to throw that 85hp kit on my truck with the aftermarket intercooler, just leary of warranty issues etc.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum RSKtakR! I think every dealership is going to handle that the addition of aftermarket parts differently. I think if you stuck with the simple bolt ons, it wouldn't be a problem (tune/exhaust/intake). Heck, they sell AFE intakes at my local Ford dealership.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome to the forum RSKtakR! I think every dealership is going to handle that the addition of aftermarket parts differently. I think if you stuck with the simple bolt ons, it wouldn't be a problem (tune/exhaust/intake). Heck, they sell AFE intakes at my local Ford dealership.
I was planning on sticking to those mods (tune, o/r y-pipe, and the AFE CAI kit). I just know that Ford wasnt messing around AT ALL when it comes to 2011+ mustangs with tunes or anything, if a PCM reflash is found your SOL.. I could only assume that they would be the same with these Ecoboost motors.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
38 Participants
scap99
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing