F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Lariat 4WD
140 Posts
If you go to the Schaefer’s site and punch in your zip you can find retailers near you who sell it. I order it directly from them, as most retailers mark it Up considerably.

Currently use their gear oil, engine oil, hydraulic fluid and grease. When I have my 6R80 serviced I will put it in there as well.

Have been running their products for the last decade in all of my vehicles. I am sold on it.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Here is the latest excitement from BITOG:

Supertech now has an Advanced version that is apparently capable of 20000 miles. $17.

I might try this in my Lexus and see how far it will go with an oil analysis.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Administrator
11,219 Posts
I ran Delo from walmart in my 7.3 (or T6). It seemed to be a good oil, and seemed to get good reports on the forums. I wonder how their 5w30 is.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Here is the latest excitement from BITOG:

Supertech now has an Advanced version that is apparently capable of 20000 miles. $17.

I might try this in my Lexus and see how far it will go with an oil analysis.
Did you ever look into PP Euro 5w30?

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Did you ever look into PP Euro 5w30?
I bought Euro L for my next oil change. They had the rebate running so I snagged it early.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Well I stole these screenshots from Project Farm’s recent video. Gives a pretty good idea on the additive package PUP 5W-30 straight out of the bottle.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I managed to actually find something on the SuperTech 5w-30. View attachment 171501
The HTHS of the Supertech at 3.2 is actually pretty good for a API SP rated oil. I would say most are closer to a 3.

The NOACK is on the higher side.

I am curious what the 10W-30 looks like.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just switched over to Chevron Delo XSP 5w-40. It SN/SN+ rated and has a very stout HTHS of 4.2.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I thought that oil would destroy your CATs? Since it’s designed for diesels. Tho I may be wrong.
Not if its SN+ rated.

Most of the Euro oils are made for both diesel and gasoline.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Here is Valvoline Maxlife:

the 10W-30 is def stout for an API SP oil in terms of HTHS.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

Well, shell came through.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Interesting. Here is the oil recommendations for the 1UR-FE in my Lexus owners manual:

So literally just 0w-20 unless i absolutely cannot find it and then 5W-20 can be used.

Same motor in Australia:

Just wanted to show an example of how, even though the mfg might recommend one oil, it might not be the best oil to use. Its pretty common for the same engines we have here in the US to be spec’d with heavier oils elsewhere in the world.

Mpg’s seem to be the driving factor in lowering oil weights.

·
Registered
217 Posts
My wife's Lexus with a turbocharged engine calls for 0w20. It's strictly for CAFE reasons here in the US. I'm currently running Rotella Gas Truck 5w30 in it.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
Castrol GTX Magnatec 10w-30:

Noack is on 6.95 and HTHS of 3.2. Not bad at all.

I ran the 5W-30 for a while.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts