F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
6,094 Posts
1hr, but how many miles? lol. It was real cheap i remember last time I was there. It is a box of two 5 quart jugs. I saw good review on Bob.

Thing is, still got to get a filter somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Before my trip to Flagstaff last weekend, I did an oil change with PP 5W-30 just for the heck of it since I had some on my shelf.

Well I decided to do another oil change this morning. The oil coming out was stupid thin. Bit concerning since it barely has 2K miles on it. Strictly highway. I really don’t see the hype on it? I personally think it’s an overrated oil.

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
122 Posts
I agree. I’m a long time Pennzoil user but the last couple of times I used it the valve train rattle was a tad scary. I switched to Kendall GT1 full synthetic and then valvoline. Mover any more rattle.

·
Premium Member
4,019 Posts
Before my trip to Flagstaff last weekend, I did an oil change with PP 5W-30 just for the heck of it since I had some on my shelf.

Well I decided to do another oil change this morning. The oil coming out was stupid thin. Bit concerning since it barely has 2K miles on it. Strictly highway. I really don’t see the hype on it? I personally think it’s an overrated oil.
Fine, I'll switch....LOL

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
128 Posts
1hr, but how many miles? lol. It was real cheap i remember last time I was there. It is a box of two 5 quart jugs. I saw good review on Bob.

Thing is, still got to get a filter somewhere else.
Buy filters 10 at a time from Rock Auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,094 Posts

How do you know without testing?

Amsoil 5-30 is money in everything and I have proven with testing, even running 8k DD and performance, it still tests fantastic!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
How do you know without testing?

Amsoil 5-30 is money in everything and I have proven with testing, even running 8k DD and performance, it still tests fantastic!
I have no factual evidence at all proving that the oil is doing it’s job or not. But after so many oil changes using a variety of brands, it’s by far the thinnest of the bunch. Even according to Shell the oil is on the light end of a 5w-30.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Went i drained the 0W-20 out of my lexus it was like water. I couldn’t believe how thin it was.

Now they have 0W-16

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts
Went i drained the 0W-20 out of my lexus it was like water. I couldn’t believe how thin it was.

Now they have 0W-16
Might be good for a run down the 1/4 mile.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
The 8.2 quarts of the M1 EP 10W-30 went into the lexus this weekend.

It immediately exploded since I didn’t use the specified 0W-20.

·
Registered
639 Posts
0w8 is out for some Toyota hybrids.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I went ahead and made the switch back to Motorcraft SB. I figured if my truck spent 7/8 of its life on it - why switch. Not only that but I truly believe it’s better than 90% of the OTS “Full Synthetic” oils.

I was truly surprised how incredibly clean my engine was as well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lots of good info here even though most of it went over my head lol.

I have been buying the 6qt box of Mobil 1 5W30 when its on sale at Costco for $27 for years now. Ran it in my prior F150 with the 5.0 and am still running it in my current 3.5 Eco which is getting lots of towing use this year. Been changing it between 3-4000 miles.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The 8.2 quarts of the M1 EP 10W-30 went into the lexus this weekend.

It immediately exploded since I didn’t use the specified 0W-20.
Yep. For me 0W20 is way to thin in the hot Texas climate for our turbocharged Lexus. I would notice some light blue smoke at cold start up with dealer applied 0W20. Since I'm doing the oil changes myself now with 5w30 it's stopped.

·
Premium Member
2013 XLT 302A 145" Screw
3,220 Posts

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
I believe I bought the F-107N for my 2014, but Fumoto doesn't even show that model anymore. They recommend the F-137N for the 2013/2014 now. Should be M12-1.75 but you may want to double check.

Yes the long nipple version is nice for using a hose and draining straight into a jug. Since the plug is installed horizontally on our trucks there won't be any clearance issues.

Reactions: Arkansas Eco
101 - 120 of 132 Posts