F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
1hr, but how many miles? lol. It was real cheap i remember last time I was there. It is a box of two 5 quart jugs. I saw good review on Bob.

Thing is, still got to get a filter somewhere else.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Before my trip to Flagstaff last weekend, I did an oil change with PP 5W-30 just for the heck of it since I had some on my shelf.

Well I decided to do another oil change this morning. The oil coming out was stupid thin. Bit concerning since it barely has 2K miles on it. Strictly highway. I really don’t see the hype on it? I personally think it’s an overrated oil.

·
Registered
2020 F-150 STX 4x4 Supercab
110 Posts
I agree. I’m a long time Pennzoil user but the last couple of times I used it the valve train rattle was a tad scary. I switched to Kendall GT1 full synthetic and then valvoline. Mover any more rattle.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Before my trip to Flagstaff last weekend, I did an oil change with PP 5W-30 just for the heck of it since I had some on my shelf.

Well I decided to do another oil change this morning. The oil coming out was stupid thin. Bit concerning since it barely has 2K miles on it. Strictly highway. I really don’t see the hype on it? I personally think it’s an overrated oil.
Fine, I'll switch....LOL

·
Registered
2014 Ingot Silver SCrew FX4 MaxTow
125 Posts
1hr, but how many miles? lol. It was real cheap i remember last time I was there. It is a box of two 5 quart jugs. I saw good review on Bob.

Thing is, still got to get a filter somewhere else.
Buy filters 10 at a time from Rock Auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

How do you know without testing?

Amsoil 5-30 is money in everything and I have proven with testing, even running 8k DD and performance, it still tests fantastic!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
How do you know without testing?

Amsoil 5-30 is money in everything and I have proven with testing, even running 8k DD and performance, it still tests fantastic!
I have no factual evidence at all proving that the oil is doing it’s job or not. But after so many oil changes using a variety of brands, it’s by far the thinnest of the bunch. Even according to Shell the oil is on the light end of a 5w-30.

·
Registered
6,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Went i drained the 0W-20 out of my lexus it was like water. I couldn’t believe how thin it was.

Now they have 0W-16

·
Premium Member
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 EgoBeast SuperCrew 4X4, 3.55 axles, 9.75" w/elocker
2,967 Posts
Went i drained the 0W-20 out of my lexus it was like water. I couldn’t believe how thin it was.

Now they have 0W-16
Might be good for a run down the 1/4 mile.

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Picked up 6 quarts of Valvoline EP from Walmart for $33.94. Sources online show specs being a bit thicker than the standard Advanced Full Synthetic.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts