F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to purchase a truck to pull a 22ft travel trailer. I'm new to pulling travel trailers and truck purchasing. I know I want a Ford F150 but I'm struggling to decide if I need an Ecoboost or V8 5.0. What do y'all think?

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Either powertrain would more than handle your trailer. If you're planning to travel through mountainous areas, the turbos on the Ecoboost are a great benefit as the air thins out with altitude. I pull a flatbed with a 3600 lb car on it making total weight in the neighborhood of 6000 lbs with tools and other race track necessities out back. When researching a diesel alternative, the specs, testing and the fact I have to use the truck for daily transportation pointed right at the F150 Ecoboost.

Though I'm somewhat prejudiced, I would go with it if I were you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree with Mike, either motor should handle the trailer with no problem but with the low-end flat torque curve the Ecoboost offers it can’t be matched when towing! I may also be a little prejudiced......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I suppose a positive biased or prejudiced opinion means you are happy with your Ecoboost trucks and that is a good thing! Has anyone had any repair problems?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
New RV Trailer Owner
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing