F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

So I will be doing a new set of tires and leveling kit ASAP. Thats is a given. But in terms of getting the performance mods going what should I consider doing first? I would like to keep it fairly stock but still increase my performance or even my mpgs (which wont matter once the tires go on..i know). My budget is roughly $300-$500. Lastly , the kicker is I do not wanna void my factory warranty. I know its kinda a lame concern when it comes to modding but hey....free maintenance is free maintenance.

Any advice/suggestions is greatly appreciated. If you do have specific items in mind please provide a link or photo as I am sure there are other noobs out there wondering the things.

Thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
A cold air intake alone isn't worth anything. An exhaust will give u a lil bit. A down pipe is outside of ur budget, but would be more bang than an exhaust. And I know ur worried about the warranty, but a tune would be best. Returning to stock tune and disconnecting the battery before dealer service is a normal thing. U could always do a 87 or 89 custom tune and run the next higher octane. Look up MPT, 5 star, or Livernois tuning. On a lower tune and decent gas theyre safe.

Reactions: Eboost14

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sensible advice! Now this tune idea is option I forgot about. I apologize for the noob question I am about to ask but...how does the tuning work? Is it computer / software flash? Or is it a traditional tune plus computer related adjustments? Ect?

thank you for the help guys.

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
All sensible advice! Now this tune idea is option I forgot about. I apologize for the noob question I am about to ask but...how does the tuning work? Is it computer / software flash? Or is it a traditional tune plus computer related adjustments? Ect?

Call me tomorrow, I will be happy to answer any and all questions that you have... ;)

·
Registered
101 Posts

In simple terms, it is a device with computer software and a specific program to alter certain aspects of your vehicle's performance. The biggest gains are more boost and shifting to give you more power through the meat of the power curve in these vehicles. It is perfectly safe, as the Ecoboost engines are known to be very tame at the stock level (they are often compared to the Toyota 2ZJ engine, arguably one of the best six cylinder engines for forced induction ever built).

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
In simple terms, it is a device with computer software and a specific program to alter certain aspects of your vehicle's performance. The biggest gains are more boost and shifting to give you more power through the meat of the power curve in these vehicles. It is perfectly safe, as the Ecoboost engines are known to be very tame at the stock level (they are often compared to the Toyota 2ZJ engine, arguably one of the best six cylinder engines for forced induction ever built).
I want to 2JZ swap my 350Z so bad

Hmmmm ecoboost swapped 350Z......stock DE in the Z is a 3.5 also coincidentally

·
Registered
101 Posts
In this market you get what you pay for. I paid a pretty penny for the Stainless Werks Catted Downpipe + Exhaust, but I was future proofing as to set up for future mods. The downpipe is a decent initial investment, but I have seen 2 mpg more on the highway with my daily commute... so long as I lay off the pedal because I LOVE the sound.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts