F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently traded in my 2013 Fx4 with the 5.0 engine for a 2014 Fx4 with the ecoboost in it. Let me tell you, iv not been able to drive my new truck without a huge grin on my face. It's hands down more fun then my 5.0 was. My 5.0 was custom tuned by SSi and had a AFe stage 2 intake and magnaflow exhaust so it did have some jam to it.

So my questions are I have about $1100 (Canadian) to spend on some performance upgrades for this ecoboost. Now I have my old SCT 3015 unit that I returned to stock before trading in my 5.0, so it's unlocked. Now the truck got a level kit and a roush exhaust from the dealership along with a set of 305/55/20 duratacs. Yah I may see a bit of a lose in power and fuel mileage with those tires but it does have the 3.73 gears so I'm hoping that covers it.

What would be my best bang for my 1100 bucks performance wise? What parts and items should I buy? Should I get the s&b intake along with the AFe blade runner charge pipe? Do I go chatted or non carted down pipe ? Maybe intercooler first ? I really don't know what's the best route to go with 1100 bucks to spend. I know a custom tune might be best but I may just stick with the canned tunes for now. I don't even know if my 2014 strategy code is even covered by SCT yet. I do know that I will wanna monitor some info well driving so I did buy a android tablet and Bluetooth thingy to hook that all up.

I more thing would the stock tires be a decent set for the track? I'd buy a cheap set of steel black rims and mount the stock tires on them just for the track.

So any ideas and help would be awesome guys/gals. I'm super stoked to be part of the ecoboost community and can't wait to be running low 13's in my truck.

Thanks
Brandon

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I've been told and read that a set of downpipes and a custom tune will give you the best bang for the $$. Also upgrading to a aftermarket intercooler as well. Some say that the stock intake is more than enough for air flow, fancy intakes are more for sound of the turbos.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So a down pipe and custom tune then is what most feel is the best performance wise to do first? I wonder if that's catted or non-catted down pipes?

How important is the intercooler to upgrade after buying both custom tune and say non catted downpipe? A guy would need a custom tune for the non catted pipes I take it? Canned tunes won't work? Is there much difference in hp/TQ in the catted vs non-catted down pipes?

Who to go with for a custom tune then? I did have a SSi tune for my 5.0 but after everything that happened with my 5.0 , I don't really wanna go that way. I'm more leaning towards MPT or unleashed maybe even lms for a tune. I do hear mpt makes a killer custom tune.

Thanks
Brandon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts