F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been driving my new 2017 F150 XLT SuperCrew around for a few days since I got it and it seems like the a/c blows only slightly cool, even after 15 minutes driving. 110 degrees outside. I haven't checked the vent temp, will do that when I get home, but I'm wondering what everyone else is getting for their vent temps on a similar f150?

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
To the best of my knowledge you're the first with a 15+ to complain about poor AC. In the 09-14s it's a common complaint.
When mine is working AWESOME I get about 34° out of it. That only happens when I'm rolling down the highway with the AC on recirc.

In town (not stop and go, just not doing 70) I will see 40° or maybe 38° when it's working it's best, Max AC on.
I've never been impressed with the AC on this truck. I've almost considered trading it in (I live in Carlsbad, NM 105+ days aren't uncommon).

·
Registered
90 Posts
on max my 17 only cools, turn the fan to about half and it freezes me out. Ill get temps and see what shes doing this evening

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2013 never had very cold AC then this year it was none. I brought it in (not Ford) and they recharged my Freon with a dye in it. It turns out that one of the connectors on one of the hoses had an extremely small leak. They tightened it, recharged it and now my AC blows ice cold. They suspected it was this way from the factory.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I did some vent temp testing today, wasn't very hot out. 86 deg ambient and vent temps where in the low 40's. fresh air vs reciculation was only about 3 deg difference even at idle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
So I tested my A/C temps, when it was 110 degrees out, max AC on, I'm getting about 46-47 degree vent temps from the center vents. That's a big drop from ambient temp, so I can't complain too much, but I am hoping to be in the high 30's with max AC on. Not sure if I can get that or not. Haven't tested with blower set to half speed yet.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm in Arizona too and also have a 2017. I measured my temps thinking my A/C may not be working as well as it could/should. They're pretty close close to what you're seeing. Unfortunately, I think it's just the heat of the state. Come on October... :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2017 will freeze you out temps have been over 100 my 2013 A/C sucked but that was the only problem i ever had with that truck i traded it at 99,000 miles

·
Registered
169 Posts
My 2-17 freezes me out too when it's a few degrees over 100. When it's 118 though, the AC really has to work its butt off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my a/c seems to be working really good now that its not 110-115 degrees out. I can only run it on max a/c for about 10-15 minutes before it freezes me out, with the temps around 100 degrees. Plus the remote start and being able to pre-cool the truck makes a huge difference, its simply awesome.

So I think it was just the blasting heat of early July which it was struggling with before :p Luckily the worst of it seems to be over now.

·
Registered
195 Posts
To the best of my knowledge you're the first with a 15+ to complain about poor AC. In the 09-14s it's a common complaint.
When mine is working AWESOME I get about 34° out of it. That only happens when I'm rolling down the highway with the AC on recirc.

In town (not stop and go, just not doing 70) I will see 40° or maybe 38° when it's working it's best, Max AC on.
I've never been impressed with the AC on this truck. I've almost considered trading it in (I live in Carlsbad, NM 105+ days aren't uncommon).
Make me the second. 2016 xlt and it's the worst AC I've had to date. Love the truck but the AC is POS.

·
Administrator
11,164 Posts
That's the first I've seen of problems with a '15+ ac. Maybe I just haven't watched hard enough. Mine will run me out.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
580 Posts
cold enough to make my hands go numb lol. We only see 90's in MI, but it could be 90 with 80%+ humidity.

My only complaint is that the remote start auto option could be a bit more aggressive to cool the truck off faster.

·
Administrator
11,164 Posts
cold enough to make my hands go numb lol. We only see 90's in MI, but it could be 90 with 80%+ humidity.

My only complaint is that the remote start auto option could be a bit more aggressive to cool the truck off faster.
I'm generally down to the one light on the fan speed and turned the temperature up a bit after about 10 min in the cab. Even on 100 degree days. I do agree the remote start could cool more aggressively.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mine will freeze your nuts off! We have really hot/humid weather here and even when the heat index is 100+ it still blow very cold air.
I have a thermometer that I leave in the center vent (drivers side) and with the ac on max, it runs about 37-38.
The heat is even better! I took our youngest daughter (16) up to our cabin last winter, it was pretty cold out and we put the heat on the highest setting with the fan cranked up. It hit 180, that's an absolute fact! We ended up opening the windows about half way for a few minutes it got so hot in there.
I have a 2015 XLT.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts