F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
I swear by Meguiers (or however they spell it) and Dear Hubby uses aviation wax... LOL! His 8-year old Mach1 looks brand new still.

For a quick detail, aviation Wash/Wax is our Go-To...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is Aviation the brand, or what brand do you use? I've been spending a ton of time on Megiuarsonline.com and they seem to have something for everything.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
On my Lightning (black) I used Ibiz. That is some easy on easy off stuff that shines like the dickens. On the Ecoscrew (white) I use Fiberglass Mold Release Wax. That is some durable long lasting slick shiney stuff. If you've ever worked with fiberglass then you know how nasty that resin is. It takes an awesome wax to protect the mold.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Is Aviation the brand, or what brand do you use? I've been spending a ton of time on Megiuarsonline.com and they seem to have something for everything.
Aviation is just the field... It's corporate jet wax. LOL!
They have a GREAT product line. Leather cleaners, etc.
I'll get the real name, if you're interested. Relatively inexpensive in the scheme of car care supplies, too!

·
Registered
83 Posts
What wax? I prefer sealants to waxes. I especially like the ones you wipe on an walk away. I do the whole truck in like 10 minutes by hand. I use Opti-Seal by Optimum Polymer Technologies.

·
Registered
169 Posts
On my Lightning (black) I used Ibiz. That is some easy on easy off stuff that shines like the dickens. On the Ecoscrew (white) I use Fiberglass Mold Release Wax. That is some durable long lasting slick shiney stuff. If you've ever worked with fiberglass then you know how nasty that resin is. It takes an awesome wax to protect the mold.
How do you think that mold release wax would hold up in cold and salt we have up here in PA?

I put Collinite 845 on my wife's Subaru which took about 5 hours to clay bar and wax, not looking forward to 3x the surface area of the truck. So far i like it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The're their now, there is no reason to get upset about grammar... :D

Sorry, there is a girl at work who is terrible with her spelling and grammar and I keep correcting her. And I'm terrible at it.
Anyways, is that wax available commercially Wendy? I wouldn't mind giving it a try this fall when I clean the truck up for it's winter fun.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Take a look at Adams - they have a web site. These guys are all about detailing a car and have all kinds of videos on how to do it right. I use this stuff on my vette and it has a mirror finish.

Reactions: Shrek

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I am a big fan of NuFinish. I started using it on my RVs years ago. It really seems to stay bonded to the paint in extreme heat and cold. I still have not waxed my truck, but when I do I will probably go with NuFinish. Its not a wax, but seems to do a great job.

SPPD

·
Registered
100 Posts
anybody ever used that KILLERwax? Its the big thing here in Vegas it seems..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts