F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 · (Edited)
A guy locally is selling 2018 raptor wheels and tires for basically the same price as new TA KO2 or Duratracs for my 20’s.

I already have Bilstein 5100’s, but only at the 1st from bottom slot(.75” level i think?) How high am i gunna need to go to clear the 315/70R17? Wheels are a 17" x 8.5" +34mm Offset. My stock wheels are 20"x8.5" +44mm

Not sure about the 2018's, but here is a clear Raptor takeoff.... :p

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the 2018's, but here is a clear Raptor takeoff.... :p

Thats my plan. I can do that with a regular 2014 if I have the raptor wheels, right?

Reactions: Elmore328
Thats my plan. I can do that with a regular 2014 if I have the raptor wheels, right?
I think all that you would need is a raptor grille swap to pull off a jump like that, the wheels are just for show ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: milesej05
Did you end up lifting the truck. I am trying to do it without a lift by removing the frame bracket in front of the front tires.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I ended up taking it to Discount Tire and they put new tires on the raptor takeoffs (they were bald) I bought and it rubbed on the rear of the wheel when turning. Next step is determining if they will fit with just a level.

Discussion starter · #8 ·
I ended up taking it to Discount Tire and they put new tires on the raptor takeoffs (they were bald) I bought and it rubbed on the rear of the wheel when turning. Next step is determining if they will fit with just a level.
I never did. I already have the Bilstein 5100’s but I ended up just getting another set 275/60R20 Duratracs since I didnt wanna take a huge hit on mpg’s.

No mud flaps, a little trimming and a 2” level and they should clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. It is very much appreciated. Do you know if fox 2.5's would work the same as the Bilstein's.

One last question, what online stores do you use to buy parts for your truck.

Fox 2.5's do indeed result in the same raising (leveling) of the front end as 5100's.

Except they aren't "stepped" in the way the 5100's are, rather they are continously threaded throughout the range.
They are also quite a bit more expensive, as well as a much more robust damper.

I have Bilsteins on 1 2018 truck I drive often, and Fox 2.5's (with DSC) on my King Ranch.

You can tell the difference from the captains chair in seconds on anything but the smoothest tarmac. And even then there's a noticeable difference at high speeds and windy weather.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info guys. It is very much appreciated. Do you know if fox 2.5's would work the same as the Bilstein's.

One last question, what online stores do you use to buy parts for your truck.

Yup, as Snake mentions they provide the same effect, but the Fox’s are infinitely adjustable (within reason).

Here is my truck on 34’s. 1.5” Add a leaf in the back and the fronts cranks to just over 2” over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.