F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious what Everyone’s wheel and tire combo weighs?
On my 11 Ecoboost w/ 3.73 I run Ford Beadlocks with 315/70r17 Bfg ko2 load range e.... Comes out about 99lbs.

Compared to my stock 20” fx4 wheels with 275/55r20 Goodyear Duratracs... they come out about 77 lbs.

Definitely a slight difference when moving the truck lol but I still enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
I don't know. I have 2 sets. I should weigh them just to know.

But it doesn't take a scale to tell me the KO2 in ~35" weigh more.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone was curious... the 11-14 20” fx4 rim weighs exactly 39 lbs. Hefty rim lol

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
I think Tifosi weighed those 22's with the Hankooks for comparison. But I don't remember the numbers.

I don't remember being impressed with the Ford Limited 22's as light. But the Hankooks weren't heavy. At least nothing like those big fat KO2's.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'm running a couple different sets, depending on need.

BFG KO2 (Load E) 305/65/18 = 34" on 18 x 9 Method Con 6's. Weight 96lbs

Nitto 420s' (P rated) 305/50/20 = 32" on 20 x 8.5 OEM Ford Sport 20's (2015-2017). Weight 68 lbs

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Bronze will always look amazing on Blue. Very good looking setups Blown

I’ve actually got a new set of 17x9 Venomrex 602s in tungsten Graphite which weigh about 24.2 lbs. Not sure if I’m a fan of the look as with the +12 offset they do now stuck out quite a bit. Especially with 315/70r17 Ko2s. All together this combo weights 86lbs.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Do you notice a big difference when putting on lighter tires/rim combos? I went to BFG ATs and swear I took a hit on MPG.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To be honest maybe a slight change in acceleration but that could totally be a placebo. I bought the venoms because I too was curious if the lighter wheel/large tire combo made a difference. I think the main thing that would make a difference is the height of the tire. But of course everyone’s truck is set up differently.

·
Administrator
9,681 Posts
I swear I dropped 1-2 mpg also when I went to Falkens of the same size as my stock Wranglers.

I suspect the deeper tread blocks probably increase rolling resistance and could account for as much as the extra weight.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
I see and feel the difference between my two combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. But I don't know if it's the weight difference nearly as much as the diameter difference. Isn't 2" a legitimate gearing difference?

Also, the sidewall flex contrast is substantial.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Same here. But I don't know if it's the weight difference nearly as much as the diameter difference. Isn't 2" a legitimate gearing difference?

Also, the sidewall flex contrast is substantial.

I would have to agree that I can’t pin down either the weight or height being the bigger factor as it depends on the specifics of the given combo. On this truck, I’ve gone through at least 6 different wheel/tire combos. I could feel a difference going from my original set up of 18’s with stock Wranglers to 2016 OEM 20’s with stock hankook atm’s. Weight wasn’t too different, but the 20’s moved the weight to the out more and you could tell during acceleration and braking. Cornering, however was improved.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Maybe, I should weigh my current combo to make you all feel better :)

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
My combo is 22" low profile VS 20" Big Sidewall KO2's

Obviously the 20's are the heavier package, being load E and all, but they actually give the plusher ride. And you can definitely feel those Sidewalls when aggressive cornering. (the front rear sways still resist body roll though)

The 22 "street package" have a harsher ride, but they have amazing grip and hold their head when cornering.

Definitely a Jeckle/Hyde choice between the two.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
14 fx wheel is 39lbs? It's aluminum, wth.

With that, my Michelins factory spec is 41lbs, that's 80 damn lbs.
I had the clad chrome XLT 18 rims and switched to the 20 FX4. The 18’s were 8 lbs lighter. I’m also at 80 lbs with wranglers. The 20” tires I got are the same diameter as the 18’s. I can’t tell any ride difference but that 8 lbs hurt my city mileage a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,826 Posts
I’ll throw them on a scale as soon as my back heals, I can barely pick up my 14lb daughter right now,

Huh?

I don't have you pegged in my mind as an old man like...... me, and.... Mr. B (no offense Mr. B ) and....... GearHead (?)........ and the invisible Mr. Rooster (who I miss) and..... I better stop right there before I dig a hole I can't get out of. (don't get the big head meaz, just because I didn't stereotype you too)

Anyways, hope you get back to being young and invincible soon.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts