F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm looking for some help with the wheels I'm looking to get for my 2017 Super Crew. I'm looking to get the Fuel Offroad Rebel in Anthracite. There are three options available with different backspace and offsets.

20x9: 01mm offset / 5" backspace

20x9: 20mm offset / 5.75 backspace

20x10: -18mm offset / 4.75" backspace

I want the tire to stick out a little past the fender and like the look of the spokes recessing into the wheel . I will be adding fender flares and I'll be leveling the truck 2" front and running 275 / 65 / 20 rubber.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
My 17x9 +12mm wheels push the thread outside of the stock flares on my 2014. Especially on the front. The rears might sit flush with the flare and just the sidewalls bulge out

I think of you go a lot more than that and it’s gunna be hanging pretty far out.

·
Registered
990 Posts
As mentioned it will depend on if you have fender flares, tire width and possibly what year truck.

I have a set of 18x9 20mm Offset and the sidewall of the tire just barely sticks out. It is a 2015 with the smaller flares. and 275 width tire.
If you stay with the 275 you'll be where mine is on the 20mm and if you go with a 1 mm it will stick out about 3/4".

·
Registered
159 Posts
Since tire poke is subjective to the owner, When i was looking i spent a lot of time on www.customwheeloffset.com looking through the galleries to decide what i wanted. I settled on a 9 inch wide rim with 0mm offset. I think its perfect with a 305 tire. You can kind of tell in this picture (sorry, the pic is of when i was polishing my exhaust tips, so thats the focal point).

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
When going with a wider wheel, how does that factor into offset/backspacing? As in, he's looking at 20x9 w/ 20mm offset, or 20x10 w/ -18mm offset. Obviously there is a 38mm offset difference, but does the extra inch of wheel make a difference at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the help everyone. I did some looking on customwheeloffsets and it helped some. I did find FrostyRaptor on instagram as well (pictured below). He's running the 20x9 +1 offset. Can I expect the same amount of tire outside of the wheel well with my truck? A little is good (TurboGT's looks great) but I Don't want a ton. Sorry for the rookie questions. I've wanted to do custom wheels for the past three trucks and I'm finally going to go for it but wow is there a lot to factor in.

·
Registered
776 Posts
20x9 +1 will stick out 2.44" over a 18x7.5 +44 (oem 18" wheel specs)
20x9 +20 will stick out 1.69" more than 18x7.5 +44
20x10 -18 will stick out 3.69" more than 18x7.5 +44

Go do some measuring from wheel face using a straight edge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry, I may have introduces some confusion. I'm running the 20" factory wheels. What does the comparison done above for the 18" look like for these:

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Offset is exactly the same.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all of the help everyone. based on your feedback and the calculator I found I'm going to stick with the 20 offset. +1 just looks a little to far out for me liking right now.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts