F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I recently put LT305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 2011 FX4. The tires rub the upper control arm slightly when you turn the wheel the whole way to either side. Not a big deal but I'm going to need to do something before I get it inspected this year. I was trying to decide whether I want new wheels or just wheel spacers. If I'm correct, the stock FX4 wheels have 6" backspacing and are 8.5" wide. Most aftermarket wheels are shown by offset. If I'm calculating correctly, 6" backspacing on an 8.5" wheel comes out to approximately 44.5 mm offset. This would mean a 9" wheel with 25 mm offset would give me about 1/2" more clearance on the inside? Do you guys think this is enough or should I go with a 12mm offset that gives me 1" on the inside? Also, does it matter what bore the wheel is? I feel like I'm over-thinking this...

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Hey guys. I recently put LT305/55R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 2011 FX4. The tires rub the upper control arm slightly when you turn the wheel the whole way to either side. Not a big deal but I'm going to need to do something before I get it inspected this year. I was trying to decide whether I want new wheels or just wheel spacers. If I'm correct, the stock FX4 wheels have 6" backspacing and are 8.5" wide. Most aftermarket wheels are shown by offset. If I'm calculating correctly, 6" backspacing on an 8.5" wheel comes out to approximately 44.5 mm offset. This would mean a 9" wheel with 25 mm offset would give me about 1/2" more clearance on the inside? Do you guys think this is enough or should I go with a 12mm offset that gives me 1" on the inside? Also, does it matter what bore the wheel is? I feel like I'm over-thinking this...
I just put those same tires on my truck with new 20x9 wheels. I went with a +1 offset because I was planning to install the Bushwacker pocket style flares and wanted the finished look to fill the flares. I like it but I probably should have gone with the +20mm offset that was optional on these wheels. I had to cut lot of inner fender out on the back side and a little on the outside front as well.

Find a good tire and wheel shop in your area...not like a national chain....and talk to someone there that has experience with oversized wheel and tire combinations on these trucks....they should be able to steer you in the right direction.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Stock wheels are 4.5" of backspace with +44mm offset if I'm not mistaken.

I'll be running a set of Method Standards with 5.75" of backspace and +18mm offset in 35x12.50r20 General Grabbers within the next week. I'll let you know how they fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts