F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, pretty new here.

Unfortunately I hit some black ice around a corner with my 2013 EcoBoost. I hit a rock with the rear drivers wheel and running board. the running board brackets bent backwards, running board flew off and rim and tire were trashed.

My issue now is that the rear driver's side wheel wobbles almost in-and-out, and I believe it to be a spindle or axle issue. The dealer is saying that it simply needs a new alignment.

Anyone ever heard of a bad alignment causing wheel wobble?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Some vehicles (like front wheel drive cars) have rear wheel alignment/adjustment, but I didnt think a solid rear axle would..??..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did buy a new rim and tire.

When I was still running the spare, I actually put a different wheel/tire on the bad side and the wobble persisted.

I jacked the truck up and took the wheel and rotor/caliper off and had a buddy spin the rear wheels. It looks as though the whole assembly moves in & out which is why I was thinking I bent the axle. But I was kind of thrown into left field when my dealer said there is nothing else wrong with the truck, and it only needs an alignment.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Since it isn't warranty work why are you dealing with the stealership? If you already did the mechanics work and figured out that the axle is effed and they won't listen take it to a place who will and who's shop rate is worth it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did take it take it out of the dealer, but I had it there for an oil change anyway, so I figured I would let them give me an estimate while its there.

I was going 20mph tops.

I'm not positive, but my first thought was bent axle. I just thought I'd see if anyone here heard of rear end alignment causing rear wheel wobble.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you jack it up from the rear axle (put a block under the front tires to stop it from rolling) then spin the rear tire and look at the wheel to see if it wobbles then look at the brake rotor and see if it wobbles relative to the wheel and tire. If you have a jack and some free time you will save the diagnostic fee.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts