F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
The dealer wanted to change my oil when I hit 1k miles so when that happened Pennz Platinum went in and that's how its been since

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
My dad deals amsoil full synthetic. I'm at about 2,700 miles now. Thinking about havin him order me some and changin it

KCCO!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Do it at your 1st OCI. I just switched out to Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 this morning. Bought 2 one gallon jugs for $42 at Wal Mart. Had a promo for $5 off gallon. So only will end up paying $32 for 8 quarts of damn good oil. :)

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
And two, my Wal Mart FINALLY started carrying FL-500s filters! Didn't have to go to two different places for the first time on this truck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, my local Walmart started carrying the Motorcraft FL-500S oil filters too....like last month.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Rotella is what I put in the Duc, today was the annual pull the fairings, wash and replace. And of course do the oil. Oh and its supposed to snow here starting tonight. I'm going to have to sell this place and move, this is ridiculous!

Reactions: DILLIGAF

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
So I called the dealership. They charge $32 for synthetic blend oil change, and $85 for full synthetic oil change (I thought that was a little ridiculous). And my dad can get me filter and oil from amsoil for about $45 with his dealer price. My oil life says 61%, debating on what to do here. I'm NOT doing the full synthetic through the dealership. What's everyone's thoughts on the synthetic blend that ford puts in em?

KCCO!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Buy the filter, go to Walmart and get 2 5 quart bottles of Mobile-1 and just do it.
Besides your going to wait at least an hour at the dealer not including the drive to and from.
How much is your time worth to you?

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
My dealer does the full syn for $70 with tire rotation and fluid top off. Not worth my time to do it myself.

Family First

Reactions: ford4thot

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
So I called the dealership. They charge $32 for synthetic blend oil change, and $85 for full synthetic oil change (I thought that was a little ridiculous). And my dad can get me filter and oil from amsoil for about $45 with his dealer price. My oil life says 61%, debating on what to do here. I'm NOT doing the full synthetic through the dealership. What's everyone's thoughts on the synthetic blend that ford puts in em?

KCCO!
I'd get if from your dad and do it then at that price. And if Amsoil has it get 5w-40 to help maintain viscosity due to fuel dilution. Don't know if you have a catch can yet.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I'd get if from your dad and do it then at that price. And if Amsoil has it get 5w-40 to help maintain viscosity due to fuel dilution. Don't know if you have a catch can yet.
I do not have a catch can. I'll try to get 5w-40

KCCO!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I switched to syn at 3,000 miles. I put in Mobil 1 0w-30 and motorcraft oil filter. The prices some of you are paying is crazy. I paid about $40 from Walmart and changed it myself in about an hour on a Saturday morning. I probably could had finished it quicker but I kept stopping to visit my Yuengling bottle on the work bench.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I switched to syn at 3,000 miles. I put in Mobil 1 0w-30 and motorcraft oil filter. The prices some of you are paying is crazy. I paid about $40 from Walmart and changed it myself in about an hour on a Saturday morning. I probably could had finished it quicker but I kept stopping to visit my Yuengling bottle on the work bench.
Mmm. Tasty oil change. Ya man...$80 is OUTRAGEOUS!

KCCO!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mmm. Tasty oil change. Ya man...$80 is OUTRAGEOUS! KCCO!
79.99 is a standard synthetic oil change price... # dealership #payingforotherpeopletoworkonyourcar

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Might be the standard but it still doesn't make it right!
Then again neither does waiting at the dealership for 1 hour for a change that takes them all of 15 minutes.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
^^^aaaagreeeeddddd

KCCO!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts