F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driveway, self-service coin op bay, drive thru tunnel wash, drive in at a gas station, somewhere else (where!) or "I never wash it"?

I use a local drive thru tunnel wash most of the time...

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I have taken it to the same car wash since I got it. I never wash my own vehicles since I don't have room where I live now. I used to love washing and detailing my own car.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
There is a good gas station car wash not to far from my house that does a decent job. That is where I usually go. I follow it up with a good drying in the garage at home.

SPPD

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like using the tunnel wash as the water at my home is soooo hard it's to tough to get the water spots off! The tunnel wash must be softened water.
About every other time or so, I do follow up at home as soon as possible with a window cleaning to get the built up spray waxes off.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Wash in the driveway, no way am I running this thru the local scrub spot. Washed it the first time last weekend and that is all me time.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have a few pretty good car wash places but I tend to use one called Motor City down here in the Palm Beach area. Just to keep it up. If I want a full detail I actually have someone come out to my house and do it surprisingly it costs less than having them do a full detail at a car wash place and they do a way better job. l used to love washing my cars myself it was almost like therapy but nowadays I don't have time especially in this part of the year it's wedding season and I'm a photographer. If I'm not outshooting with a client I am in front of my computer screen editing pictures for 12 to 18 hours a day. I want to wash my car.... I miss it now that I'm thinking about it, LOL...

·
Registered
537 Posts
I'm a DIY guy for the most part. If I am lazy I can always take the truck up for an oil change at the dealership or some other service and they do a detail on the truck before you get it back. Kind of a nice added feature to a $20 oil change.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Much rather wash/clean it myself, but at times it seems easier to take it to get done. No place I have found cleans my truck as if it was their own, always fine stuff that's in plain sight that they don't get.

Sent from my iPhone using F150 EcoBoost

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went to Galveston last week and even after running through two tunnel washes there is sand stuck all over the place - looks like a driveway detail is definitely in order tomorrow after work!

·
Registered
495 Posts
On the front lawn usually. Gets the truck clean and the grass watered at the same time.
I DONOT like drive thru or wash tub places.
Don
FYI I clean it she drives it LOL!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Touch less car wash then hand dry with microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Outside. Always.

·
Registered
144 Posts
From experience, I can tell you black trucks are the hardest to keep clean! But well worth the effort. I have always thought black trucks are the sharpest ones on the streets. Just plain cool looking. That is a good looking ride, Boatwaco.

Reactions: reider03

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From experience, I can tell you black trucks are the hardest to keep clean! But well worth the effort. I have always thought black trucks are the sharpest ones on the streets. Just plain cool looking. That is a good looking ride, Boatwaco.
Thanks! This tuxedo black is much easier to keep looking good than a 94 Black Lightning I had. I traded it in on a white F150, and trade that on another white F150 which was traded in on the Tuxedo Black EB!
I'm hoping its easier to keep looking good - I just have to clean get much more often.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
I like to do it in the driveway though this year the rain has done most of the work... When time doesn't cooperate we have a great soft touch full service car wash that dries afterward as well. We take both Boostie and Edgy there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like to do it in the driveway though this year the rain has done most of the work... When time doesn't cooperate we have a great soft touch full service car wash that dries afterward as well. We take both Boostie and Edgy there.
What's "rain"? We're bone dry around here until September.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts