F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is headlight adjustment screw on 2018 F150 ? Can not find it, or over looking it.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Where is headlight adjustment screw on 2018 F150 ? Can not find it, or over looking it.
Owner's manual should have it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yes, the adjustment screw is in your owners manual :):):)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Owners manual is very much lacking in telling you where are at.

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Pretty easy to find on the top backside of the light.

Match the centre of the light to the height at 25ft against a wall. If you tow or load heavy aim it 3 inches lower.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yes, it's listed in the Owner's Manual. No, it's not obvious as to where it is, the diagram in the OM is piss poor. Maybe one of the smart people in here can post a picture of where it is, that would help a LOT...

I "leveled" my truck by removing the rear blocks, now I have to lower the lights a bit, and can't find the adjustment screw either...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Pretty easy to find on the top backside of the light.

Match the centre of the light to the height at 25ft against a wall. If you tow or load heavy aim it 3 inches lower.
The OP was asking about a 2018, your sig block lists a 2011, and I'm positive the headlights between a 2018 and 2011 are entirely different...

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Been following this a bit and decided that a pic is worth a thousand words. Understanding that this is a pic of my HL adjustment, you will note that it is in a 'pocket' on top of my HL assembly. It is white in color and a 'hex nut' design and plastic. As my truck is an XLT, the more 'luxurious' models may have a similar adjustment made of gold, silver, or platinum and may be made of those minerals. That being of no real consequence, your HL adjustment may be in a similar position. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
pretty sure the screw IS IN your owners manual :) thanks for the pics. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found it , it is on top at backside of housing, it is plastic . No screw , it has a gear at bottom. Insert no. 2 phillips screw driver and turn clockwise to raise light. I first thought it was a breather for light ,to keep moisture from building in light.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I found it , it is on top at backside of housing, it is plastic . No screw , it has a gear at bottom. Insert no. 2 phillips screw driver and turn clockwise to raise light. I first thought it was a breather for light ,to keep moisture from building in light.
Perfect! Just went outside to confirm this, went to a local Rite Aid, used their brick wall to adjust my lights, lowered them by 1 brick, good to go now!

·
Registered
7,122 Posts
Perfect! Just went outside to confirm this, went to a local Rite Aid, used their brick wall to adjust my lights, lowered them by 1 brick, good to go now!
Hmm look at that same spot as the 2011 I drive....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts