F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im looking at putting a Exhaust on my 2012 Ecoboost, I've been locked on the Heartthrob and Borla S-Type for a few weeks now, but I havent heard enough exhaust sounds from each so its kind of hard to choose without enough examples of them both. If anyone has any examples of the exhaust please post it, Would be great or any Opinions. the MBRP and Stainless Works systems also seem nice. I want that nice little rumble and so far the Borla and Heartthrob seem kneck n kneck damn good, but some tuning would be needed I think with maybe Stage 2 Intake and such things.

I have been looking as well and those 2 exhaust I agree sound really good. I like the borla s/type with the dual exits out the back. Looks really good but wish it was a tad cheaper. il keep an eye out for more videos on exhaust

im shopping as well for my 2013 and i kinda like the Borla and MBRP
the diff i see is Borla is totally made from 304 series stainless and the MBRP is is 409 series except for the tips that are 304 so there is your price diff and you gotta pay some for the name with Borla too
i had a Borla catback on my last truck and loved it, never had anyone say it didnt sound good.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Yea definitely the stainless is more expensive so I guess but Borlas are damn amazing haha but 1000$ but I'm thinking Heart throb or MBRP idk it's a tough pick, with stage 2 intake I heard Heart throb is amazing

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

If I was ever going to do exhaust, which I won't, here's the setup I would have (ignoring price).

MAK y-pipe.
resonator delete.
Corsa DB exhaust.
RBP 5 inch double wall tip standard side.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Gotcha gotcha, u don't care bout the gains either? Yea I want just more of a mean sound, I love pulling up to other trucks and they start revving and I just take off on them haha they think they are gonna win

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

I'd love the gains, air flow, and more audible turbo spool that comes with exhaust, but I don't want to take the risk of not liking the sound quality. Go listen to the corsa DB exhaust. I think it's one of the best...

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Ill check it out in a few hours gotta hit the gym, but ya that's why I'm so hesitant also on the exhaust, I was ready to up and buy the heartthrob a month ago and then I had doubts and then I saw other exhausts haha have a good night man

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

I love the sound of the stock exhaust, and by sound I mean lack of sound. I have done an exhaust of some kind on every vehicle I have ever owned, but I doubt I will on the EcoBeast. I was tempted when I was offered a trade for my Andersen Hitch I was selling, but decided to just keep her stock and quiet. When I get out of warranty one of two things in gonna happen. I might give the truck to my son. I told him that and he heard "I WILL be giving him the truck in 6 years". lol. He actually became a member on here and has only made one post about me giving him the truck in a few years. Or, the second thing that will happen is a build of epic proportions. Either way, I like the stock exhaust.

SPPD

Discussion starter · #19 ·
Hahaha yea sometimes I do love the stock exhaust also, but I always want a little more whistle and rumble to let ppl know. I'm not sure if I should wait on exhaust and get a Intake and things like that.

2012 F150 XLT EcoBEAST

I just ordered MBRP's 3in catback kit. Autoanything.com has the aluminized kit for 270.00 with the first15 coupon code. Just a heads up for those interested

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.