Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They seemed quieter and less ping than the other systems I heard

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

·
Registered
674 Posts
If you don't hear exhausts in person you will never know what you're getting. I've tried 4 different muffler combos. My videos show no volume in the cab but the volume is definitely there. Good luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
They seemed quieter and less ping than the other systems I heard

2011 lariat crew 5.5 bed Leveled, machined rockstars , grabbers, weather tech mudflaps , sub mod, tailgate assist

I agree, been studying them for a while and was torn between these two and the Corsa dual tip, but the Corsa is twice as much as I wanted to spend. So, I chose the Banks with black tip and from this video
, and what other details I can gather I don't expect it to be to obnoxious. After all it is just a resonator back system.

Also, just ordered the S&B CAI, after nearly two years and 43,000 miles with this truck I finally pulled the trigger on some upgrades (mechanically anyway), went through MAC performance, has good pricing and expecting he is good to do business with as a site sponsor.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't like the afe?
Not that I don't like the AFE, just liked what I read and reviewed about the S&B and it is a little better priced, and I like the concept (and look) of it's enclosed system. However, like many have said...probably not a big difference between any of them so go with your preference.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I like full race resonated, I have on a solo catted down pipe too, but here is some clips for you of mine

Cold start
Hot start
Inside
Outside

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I want to keep it under 500

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I want to keep it under 500

Gotcha didn't know that, yeah full race isn't under 500, but in my opinion is the quietest system on the market.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah my fault .

·
Registered
674 Posts
Cbvet, that exhaust sounds pretty nice. Sporty, like a 335 with exhaust. One question though, with all the talk of breaking traction with SSI tunes, why didn't your tires go up in smoke when you punched it from a dig? 4x4 launch is my first guess but according to some that will still get you a 10ft peel. Not giving you a hard time. I know you will shoot it straight. Thanks man.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got Full Race , Solo , Flo pro and the best imo is Full Race
Resonated

Envoyé de mon iPhone

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the banks and am very pleased with it. I did not want the real loud

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could you post a video or two?

·
Registered
183 Posts

Here is one from my install earlier this week, also installed an S&B intake.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds pretty quiet. How's it sound when you get on it?
I actually bought an aero turbine muffler. Installed it the other day.
It's a little rivet sounding right now but I only drive 2 miles to work. Once I get a couple long trips in it should be broke in and sound different.
But a definite improvement on turbo spool

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Cbvet, that exhaust sounds pretty nice. Sporty, like a 335 with exhaust. One question though, with all the talk of breaking traction with SSI tunes, why didn't your tires go up in smoke when you punched it from a dig? 4x4 launch is my first guess but according to some that will still get you a 10ft peel. Not giving you a hard time. I know you will shoot it straight. Thanks man.
Lol, yeah I was heading down a slight grade I guess, no that was in 2wd, well it must of been my mpt tune on. J/k guys, that's is my SSI tune in that video. I can bark the tires in 4wd on a launch on the street, but at the drag strip I can turn them over a full rotation, when it's cold I can get a good 2nd gear scratch, actually my unleashed does the best 2nd gear scratch.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds pretty quiet. How's it sound when you get on it?
I actually bought an aero turbine muffler. Installed it the other day.
It's a little rivet sounding right now but I only drive 2 miles to work. Once I get a couple long trips in it should be broke in and sound different.
But a definite improvement on turbo spool

that aero will sound much different after a few drive cycles or a long trip. The lx has the built in resonator too so yeah, the sound will change for the better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts