F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have '18 4x4 with 2.7 EB , wondering between 1.75 or 2.1 setting. A little rake is ok , thinking towards the 1.75 height. Anyone regret the 1.75 setting ? Thought with 2.7 2.1 might give rake up front.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I have a 13 that I put the 5100's on and did the 3rd ring from the bottom (in my instructions, it said that as 1.5" and the top ring was 2")

Wish I had just gone with the second ring (.75").. I was planning on doing that, then at the last minute when I had it all apart, said what the heck...

While it leveled out my rig, I forgot about putting a load in the back, or towing my TT and well... Now, I show a bit of a sag when hitched up so there I am...

I even added some Hellwig overload springs to the rear, and they helped a lot, but still... Should have stuck with my original plan!

In the end, it's your truck and you do what you feel you need to do to it! Nothing wrong with that. Sometimes it bites you and sometimes it works for the best..

Good luck!

Mitch

·
Premium Member
2,749 Posts
Second ring from bottom and call it the day👍
Edit: actually thinking about going all the way to bottom because of such a light load I’m hauling (JJ) to help out with WDH. Will wait until I spend a day at the cat scales and look at results.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Tires life remaining? How often do you tow?

When I can afford to have mine adjusted, I’m going with the 1.25” setting. Reason being I have 3500 miles on the stock tires and would like to run them down without it looking too “empty” in the front wheel well. If towing, I would also stay at this height. If neither is relevant, 1.75” setting unless you have a tire size you’re dying to fit, then I’d say 2.1”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
Id go 1.75 max. I think 2.1 might be starting the stretch things, especially if you tow.

There was a guy in the towing section recently that had his at 2.1 and was complaining because he killed CV’s, IWE’s and wheel bearings. He was doing a good amount of towing which i think was lifting the front of the truck further and wearing things out.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Mine is all the way up. Sits perfect. Also, if you go ahead and add the bilsteins to the back, they will accommodate a 1" block. It's an easy fix if you don't like the way it sits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts