F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get some input from the experts. I have read some threads that call for a brown colored PCV valve as part of a "fuel in oil" TSB that was issued for my year truck. When I look up this part, it does not come up as compatible for my vehicle and I am redirected to the black colored PCV. Does this TSB no longer apply? I think it's #15-0003.

Is this brown PCV different from the black in any way? If I run a catch can does it matter which valve I use? Truck info is in my sig. Thanks!

·
Administrator
7,822 Posts
The brown one is off the 2015+ models and does in fact fit your 2012 Ecoboost.

Call your local dealer and see if they have one in stock, I think I paid a little over $7 dollars for mine from the dealership

Part #[h=1]AA5Z-6A666-D[/h]

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes that's the correct part number. Why haven't parts houses updated their fitments? This seems like a change implemented years ago but they are still pushing the black ones.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I have the brown one on my 2012. I went to the dealer(part stores didn't have it at that time)and paid $9. I just asked for a 2015 PCV valve and got the brown one

·
Registered
109 Posts
Bringing this back. Did anyone figure out the difference between the two? It feels as if the Brown pcv valve has a different spring in it. Also the actual diameter of the hole is a bit smaller than the black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts