F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts
I switched to the brown pcv in my 13. Idles smooth as silk after a kam reset. Appreciate all the research done here
Same, after it is up to temp. High idle not so much lol. NBD

Reactions: El Kabong

·
Registered
73 Posts
.....what a mess. Mine has the brown PCV on the left side. but I dont see any ev297s online. I have the 2015 3.5EB.

Theres also another similar connection on the right side. I'm confused.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
.....what a mess. Mine has the brown PCV on the left side. but I dont see any ev297s online. I have the 2015 3.5EB.

Theres also another similar connection on the right side. I'm confused.
KR3Z-6A666-A is the P/N for 15+. Only the valve on the passenger side cover is changed. The driver side should never be changed. It’s simply a wide open connection.

EV297 is the suffix Ford uses for referencing the part.

·
Registered
73 Posts
KR3Z-6A666-A is the P/N. This will always be used on the passenger side valve cover. The driver side should never be changed. It’s simply a wide open connection.

EV297 is the suffix Ford uses for referencing the part.

Got it. I was wondering if I needed two and I dont. Thanks.

I see rockauto has one

I'll go with that one.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I forgot to mention, the PCV valve cannot be reused once it has been removed. It has to be replaced with a new one. The valve itself has two retaining ears that are used to lock the body in place and create a tight seal. Once the valve is removed, the ears shear off. It’s actually written in the workshop manual.

Rectangle Parallel Font Number Screenshot

·
Registered
2013 race red SCrew 4x4 air lift bags
2,415 Posts
I forgot to mention, the PCV valve cannot be reused once it has been removed. It has to be replaced with a new one. The valve itself has two retaining ears that are used to lock the body in place and create a tight seal. Once the valve is removed, the ears shear off. It’s actually written in the workshop manual.

View attachment 181425
The invoice I have from my timing chain job does not list a pcv valve, the new one for 2013 is going to be brown? If he was able to put the original back in, it's got 165k on it 🤣

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Just for information. I still have the black PCV, EV289, on my 2013. It does have a slight rough idle for 10 or 15 seconds cold. Warm idle you can’t even tell it’s running. Super smooth. No fuel dilution. Now this is how it was when I lived in California going to work 5 days a week. Now retired in Idaho lots of short trips and a tank of gas lasts me 2 months. We will see if different driving habits change anything. So far in 8 months here still the same.

Don’t know if it matters, no catch can or weep hole.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I still run the black PCV in my 2011 with no signs of fuel dilution. I do also live in SoCal where we see 80-90* days.

The Brown Valve was made standard to help mitigate any fuel dilution claims in the future. The problem mainly happened to those in cold climates. With the engine not getting up to temp, rings have a tough time expanding. This caused fuel dilution.

They leaned the open loop operation and installed a high flow PCV valve(brown) to aggressively recycle those unburned fuel vapors.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts

View attachment 181425
thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to replace my pcv valve in my 2019 3.5 but my guys seem to be confused on the actual part number.
Is this still the one to go with?
KR3Z-6A666-A

Reactions: SrpRacing

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
thanks for sharing, I've been wanting to replace my pcv valve in my 2019 3.5 but my guys seem to be confused on the actual part number.
Is this still the one to go with?
KR3Z-6A666-A
Sorry for the confusion. KR3Z-6A666-A is the correct p/n for your year. Not the one ending in -B.

I do recommend a KAM reset after replacing the valve. Just to help everything relearn.

·
Registered
2019 f150 3.5 ecoboost crew cab 4x4 heavy tow package fx4 6.5' bed highly modified
6,590 Posts
Sorry for the confusion. KR3Z-6A666-A is the correct p/n for your year. Not the one ending in -B.

I do recommend a KAM reset after replacing the valve. Just to help everything relearn.
Thanks!

141 - 155 of 155 Posts