F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 XLT 3.5 FX4 and I'm wanting to add a factory brake controller. I found a few part numbers, and I'm a bit confused. Tasca shows the model number JL3Z-19H332-AA as not a fitment for my truck, and instead lists part
JL3Z-2C006-AA, which is over $100 more expensive. I have cross referenced a few websites and they still show that the first part number is correct. I couldn't find any threads on this, so wanted to ask before purchasing.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
I have a 2019 XLT 3.5 FX4 and I'm wanting to add a factory brake controller. I found a few part numbers, and I'm a bit confused. Tasca shows the model number JL3Z-19H332-AA as not a fitment for my truck, and instead lists part
JL3Z-2C006-AA, which is over $100 more expensive. I have cross referenced a few websites and they still show that the first part number is correct. I couldn't find any threads on this, so wanted to ask before purchasing.

Thanks in advance!
I would just ask my local local dealership for a quote. Mine will do that and list the PN. Even if you have to tell them you cannot quite swing the cost right now, ask for it in writing.

Reactions: N4HHE

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is my understanding the factory TBC has to be coded into the system. Forscan can probably do that but it seems letting the dealer sell and install might be a good deal.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Is my understanding the factory TBC has to be coded into the system. Forscan can probably do that but it seems letting the dealer sell and install might be a good deal.
It does and its really easy. your basically just flipping one switch to tell the module that controls the gauge cluster to turn on the TBC functions.

·
Registered
355 Posts
To me it appears that the less expensive one is a china knock off. I am in the same boat as the op, but I will be the guinea pig so to speak.

I ordered the one off bigA and already have forscan enabled on my laptop. When it comes in I’ll let you know if it works (I suspect it will be fine) and how it went for install. The part came down to $8 and change. I applied for an Amazon (chase) credit card and got a $100 gift card on approval. I immediately will cancel said card when the part arrives.

I think the uptick in Ford part prices is that they are discouraging us modding the trucks to get higher model options for substantially less. Like the huge bump in cost for the raptor steering wheel. For all I know the TBC that’s OEM is being made on the same assembly line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To me it appears that the less expensive one is a china knock off. I am in the same boat as the op, but I will be the guinea pig so to speak.

I ordered the one off bigA and already have forscan enabled on my laptop. When it comes in I’ll let you know if it works (I suspect it will be fine) and how it went for install. The part came down to $8 and change. I applied for an Amazon (chase) credit card and got a $100 gift card on approval. I immediately will cancel said card when the part arrives.

I think the uptick in Ford part prices is that they are discouraging us modding the trucks to get higher model options for substantially less. Like the huge bump in cost for the raptor steering wheel. For all I know the TBC that’s OEM is being made on the same assembly line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the thing is both of those part numbers are Ford parts. One dealer site says the cheaper one will work and the other says its the more expensive one. Have you installed yet?

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's the thing is both of those part numbers are Ford parts. One dealer site says the cheaper one will work and the other says its the more expensive one. Have you installed yet?
Not yet, hoping to after all holiday trips are completed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just contacted local dealer for this. They said about 500.00. I say rip off. 300.00 for the part, 200.00 to enable?! yikes!
Better shop around. Amazon has OEM for 177.00....

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
Ouch.

I don't mind paying a fair price for products and services, but sometimes it feels like they think they have you cornered. Lol

Find the controller somewhere as cheap as you can, and then "enable" it using Forscan? Or have a friend that knows Forscan?

The installation of the controller itself is pretty easy.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poppy58

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just contacted local dealer for this. They said about 500.00. I say rip off. 300.00 for the part, 200.00 to enable?! yikes!
Better shop around. Amazon has OEM for 177.00....
”Putting the ‘steal’ in ‘stealer’.”

I added the TBC at time of purchase after negtiating everything else. They added for $235, installed.

Find a dealer who wants your business. Am still convinced the OE (is not OEM) TBC is the best choice.

Other sources (2008 Super Duty coffee table book, among others) hint Tekonsha is Ford’s TBC OEM, but you can not purchase anything as integrated with ABS & etc. from anyone but Ford.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch.

I don't mind paying a fair price for products and services, but sometimes it feels like they think they have you cornered. Lol

Find the controller somewhere as cheap as you can, and then "enable" it using Forscan? Or have a friend that knows Forscan?

The installation of the controller itself is pretty easy.

The problem isn't the install. Its a simple install, and button push in forscan. The thread was focused more towards which part number would work. It appears the cheaper of the 2 links i posted (both OEM Ford parts) will work, and that Ford just released some new trailer brake controller part number that's more expensive for some reason.

·
Premium Member
8,467 Posts
OK. But I was simply responding to the $500 dealership quote. Empatheticaly. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK. But I was simply responding to the $500 dealership quote. Empatheticaly. :)

haha gotcha. yes that's wild for sure. I guess I meant to respond to the post above you snakebitten.

·
Administrator
10,911 Posts
I don't know what my part number was, but I got mine off Amazon for $100 shipped and it works great. Based on those prices I'm guessing it was the cheaper one?

I see you have a '19 though, but mine is a '16. So I guess this is moot .

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know what my part number was, but I got mine off Amazon for $100 shipped and it works great. Based on those prices I'm guessing it was the cheaper one?

I see you have a '19 though, but mine is a '16. So I guess this is moot .

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Yea, no clue why they change part numbers so much throughout the years.

·
Registered
2013 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Ecobeast SuperCrew 4X4
2,225 Posts
Maybe the wires are pinned differently or more or less wires involved or more or less communication with the PCM.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts