F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In trying to keep the overall look of my truck somewhat stock I wanted to look into replacing my 18" faux-chrome rims with some grey FX 20's. Problem is, I have a oxford white/ingot silver color combo going, and if the FX rims are a shade off, I'll have a mess of a mismatch going, so I'm exploring all options. The best looking oxford white setup that I have seen so far has been DesertDawg's truck.

Any suggestions on a lighter colored/chrome 20 in. wheel setup to go with a two-tone truck?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'd say shop until you find what YOU like.
That's why I'm waiting till next spring to change mine over.
At around $250 a rim it sucks to not like what you settle on.
I'll keep the crappy Ford ones with winter tires on them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like two options:
1. FX 20s with regular AT tires, but may have a color match issue with two tone scheme.
2. Pro Comp 6032s in 20 inch size with BFG AT tires. More aggressive, but double the price of what FX wheels will set me back.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,862 Posts
I have one options:
1. FX 20s with regular AT tires, but may have a color match issue with two tone scheme.
Fixed. Charcoal goes with every color scheme same with black and, if you really wanted it, white.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Fixed. Charcoal goes with every color scheme same with black and, if you really wanted it, white.
I agree with charcoal and black they work with everything

·
Registered
750 Posts
He is a modern day Van Gogh :) haha

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I was sold when I saw Limited's truck.
Bookmarked the rims till next summer.
IMHO the best way to decide is to see what you want.
Try Tire rack. They will show you the rim & tire combination on your color truck. Just as long as they carry the rim's you want.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey forourspam, randomly saw your post here. Was nice talking to you after the drill yesterday!

Reactions: forourspam

·
Registered
105 Posts
There were platinum edition rims that came in 20s and were white n a grayish color. I think on the 09ish year trucks. Probably not the look your going for as it will prolly be too much white. The website tirerack.com lets u see what the rims will look like on "your" vehicle

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There were platinum edition rims that came in 20s and were white n a grayish color. I think on the 09ish year trucks. Probably not the look your going for as it will prolly be too much white. The website tirerack.com lets u see what the rims will look like on "your" vehicle
I'll have to check those platinum rims out. Usually, AT tires don't look as good on stock wheels, but worth a try. TireRack doesn't seem to have anything interesting to me.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts