F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to Rhino-Line my bed, and am curious what's under the side rail covers...

Anyone have theirs removed?
Pictures?
Do they come off easily? What's under there??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
588 Posts
With smokey joe as my rails were not removed when spraying the bed just taped and covered really well...
i would imagine its a easy removal process

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Because they are ugly and hold water and dirt under them. Just toying with the idea of removing them and rhino lining up and over to the same body line that they rest on top of. Wondered if anyone has removed them and knew what the body looks like under them and how they come off. I may go find one in a salvage yard and remove one to see if I can't get any info otherwise.
Don

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
With smokey joe as my rails were not removed when spraying the bed just taped and covered really well...
i would imagine its a easy removal process
Who did you have do your bed liner? Thinking that I would like to have that done while the topper is off. Want to spray the rocker panels also. Not high - just below the first body line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
30 Posts
Took the rails off a F-250 before and had the bed sprayed over the rails and it'd looked great. The guys use aluminum tape and then spray over the rail. Worked great and lasted as long as I had the truck.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took the rails off a F-250 before and had the bed sprayed over the rails and it'd looked great. The guys use aluminum tape and then spray over the rail. Worked great and lasted as long as I had the truck.
Hmmmm. That's an idea...
Do you have a picture of the finished product?

·
Registered
30 Posts
No pics, sorry. If my current truck wouldn't have had the bed sprayed already I would have removed the plastic rails and sprayed. You may want to stop by and ask if they have sprayed any newer trucks over the rail. They may have pics.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will stop in and ask um. That pics is sorta what I figured it would be. At least ill know what I'm talking about now
Thanks guys and gals
Don

·
Registered
327 Posts
I like the idea of taking them off and spraying the bedliner in so that it comes over the top and down a couple inches. The dog (rotty) love to jump in the back and hang her claws all over the side. I think that it would look sharp and could be very functional. Especially if you used that opportunity, with the holes already there, to add some tie-down hooks.

Reactions: TraciInTexas

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine, just got taped of when I did my line-x

1 - 15 of 15 Posts