F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
10,426 Posts
I'm now at 46k. No problems yet.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
81k now. Seems like the cats are failing, and I had a coolant leak a while back. That would have been a new radiator according to Ford, but I was about to come up with an O ring to get the fitting for the trans fluid line to seal for 2 or 3 bucks. No major issues. The brakes are due for a change I think. The rotor surface is grooved and I hear a squeal from the front occasionally now.

Good truck thus far!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
187 Posts
I find that beyond amazing for a set of tires without rotation.
Me too, I’m impressed for that kind of mileage with rotations. It’s checked visually about every other day at this point for something to show they need it but they are pretty dead even, no feathering or anything up front even. First vehicle I’ve ever owned to wear tires this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
81k now. Seems like the cats are failing, and I had a coolant leak a while back. That would have been a new radiator according to Ford, but I was about to come up with an O ring to get the fitting for the trans fluid line to seal for 2 or 3 bucks. No major issues. The brakes are due for a change I think. The rotor surface is grooved and I hear a squeal from the front occasionally now.

Good truck thus far!

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
Bought mine in late 2016 was created in may 2016 per vin tag. No issues at 25k miles. Bought it at 0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bought mine late 2016. Now have 25k miles. 0 issues so far. I do synthetic every 4k miles. Did first oil change at 2k. Read that metal can be in first change. So did that right away. Was curious on this truck brake interval. My tires been great also. Had one bad aluminum stock rim though replaced it with a used stock and tires fine no more leaks. Love these turbos. So fast. Have not done any engine mods or tire rim mods. Left it stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm curious if there is anyone on here that has over 100K miles on their 2.7 EB?
If so, what if any issues have you experienced with this engine?
Yes, I have a 2015 F150 2.7 Eco boost, and presently have 103,243 miles on it. I use, and have used, full synthetic oil, premium gas, and adding a Chevron Techron additive once a month. I’ve replaced the battery, and fuel pump. Otherwise only routine maintenance, I changed the plugs at 100,000, and found very little build up on the plugs. Oh yeah, one new set of tires, about to put another set on this month. I also changed the brake pads when I changed my plugs. Yes, I went 100,000 miles on the original brakes... any questions, please ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 170k on my 2015 . She starts right up every morning and we are on our way. I change the oil every 5,000 air filter every 10,000. Just did all the drive train fluids at 150k.

·
Registered
187 Posts
111,000 on the 17 now. Motorcraft oil and filter per monitor. Drivers side turbo under warranty. Rear brake pads at 40k. All factory otherwise, Even plugs. Still rocking the factory Michellins even. Best running truck around.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
111,000 on the 17 now. Motorcraft oil and filter per monitor. Drivers side turbo under warranty. Rear brake pads at 40k. All factory otherwise, Even plugs. Still rocking the factory Michellins even. Best running truck around.

Damn. My factory tires got replaced at 21k

I am at 83k and now on my second set of tires since i pulled the factory tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts

You should change your plugs. One misfire and it can ruin your cat converter. Luckily mine was under warranty when it happened. Now I do plugs every 50-80,000. Takes half hour and not much money for plugs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
For what it's worth, my son is becoming a Ford master tech. Over the next 2 years. A Tech he's been shadowing now feels the third gen 3.5 is the way to go. Says they've been seeing oil consumption issues on the 5.0's that haven't been figured out yet.

·
Super Modistrator
2,051 Posts
News to me. I wasn’t aware there was a 3rd Generation 3.5.

·
Registered
187 Posts
You should change your plugs. One misfire and it can ruin your cat converter. Luckily mine was under warranty when it happened. Now I do plugs every 50-80,000. Takes half hour and not much money for plugs.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
They are In the parts bin for next weekend along with front and rear pads, trans fluid, the works. Failed turbo granted 150,000 mile coverage on emissions equipment as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. I thought the 20's were a new gen. He said the newer 3.5's are what he would buy right now over the 5.0 due to the oil consumption issues they're seeing.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
I guess I misunderstood. I thought the 20's were a new gen. He said the newer 3.5's are what he would buy right now over the 5.0 due to the oil consumption issues they're seeing.
We were messing with ya. The 2017-2020 are all "Gen2", although the 18-20 got a different Turbo than the 17.

And yea, the latest coyote has had some issues. But even if it didn't, around here you'll find most are just too addicted to the F150 Ecoboost to go 5.0

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
Oh, I know very well the dedication on here to the EcoBoost. I was just putting it out there cuz of the earlier discussion about the 3 different motors.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts