Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious who is actually running a water/meth setup

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I was advised against it on these vehicles by a well known, in these parts, tuner. Basically, if you tune for it and it fails then you're air/fuel mixture go &^%*&^% and problems could arise faster than you and the computer(s) can adjust for it.

I had it on another turbo vehicle and while I wouldn't say it was a power adder, it helped with cooling the intake charge even more than just the intercooler.

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
Is it possible to NOT tune for it, yet benefit from the intake cooling benefits?
In other words, nothing to worry if it fails, but benefit while it is working?

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was advised against it on these vehicles by a well known, in these parts, tuner. Basically, if you tune for it and it fails then you're air/fuel mixture go &^%*&^% and problems could arise faster than you and the computer(s) can adjust for it.

I had it on another turbo vehicle and while I wouldn't say it was a power adder, it helped with cooling the intake charge even more than just the intercooler.
Just curious if you don’t mind my asking, who advised against it?
I’ve had Unleashed and MPT say I should do it.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Registered
2016 Ford F-150 XLT 2.7L
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is it possible to NOT tune for it, yet benefit from the intake cooling benefits?
I think so, but I’d have a hard time spending 800+$ on a system that doesn’t add any power per se.

Reactions: Boatwaco

·
Premium Member
2022 Powergrid KingRanch in Sparkle White
13,730 Posts
A good Intercooler cost as much or more.

It'd be great to have a solution at your fingertips that safely addressed a heat-soaked condition when you most might be negatively affected by it.

NOT pulling timing IS adding power. Technically speaking. :)

·
Registered
2018 2.7l 4x4
655 Posts
I have heard this is an option, and have considered it. I have not had overheating issues while towing, but I don't want to..

I landed on trying ethanol first. Not everyone has access to E85 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts