F150 Ecoboost Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

For my 11 years of marital bliss my wife and I have never really driven each others cars. I would almost always have a manual transmission that my wife refused to drive, and when we take her van she almost always drives. I have noticed that since getting my EcoBeast my wife suddenly offers to drive my truck. I mean I really can't blame her since our trucks are so darn cool. So how many of my fellow EcoBeasters allow their significant others to drive their trucks?

SPPD

I have let my girlfriend drive my truck like twice she loves it! But i love it more and work so much that i don't get a chance to drive it as much as i would love too lol so i drive it mostly

2012 F150 EcoBoost Lariat

My wife could care less about what she drives. UNTIL I bought the EB. She loves to drive it. She took her sisters on a road trip to Laughlin,NV for a girls weekend and she loved it. And we she offers to drive, I don't have a problem kicking back with the passenger seat reclined and relaxing. It is quite refreshing to be a passenger once in a while. We also have a 39 ft motorhome (TD) and she took lessons on driving that beast. And if she can drive that, she can drive anything. She is one of the best drivers (better then I) I have know, male or female (especially female =))

Discussion starter · #4 ·
My wife could care less about what she drives. UNTIL I bought the EB. She loves to drive it. She took her sisters on a road trip to Laughlin,NV for a girls weekend and she loved it. And we she offers to drive, I don't have a problem kicking back with the passenger seat reclined and relaxing. It is quite refreshing to be a passenger once in a while. We also have a 39 ft motorhome (TD) and she took lessons on driving that beast. And if she can drive that, she can drive anything. She is one of the best drivers (better then I) I have know, male or female (especially female =))
Can your wife talk to mine please? Every time I mention the possibility of her driving when we tow she literally laughs out loud and tells me I am crazy. Lol

SPPD

My girlfriend has driven my truck a couple times. She wouldnt drive the big lifted Diesels, but she loves the ecoboost. The other day she drove it and said "hey i got to boost 13" on my edge tuner/ monitor. I told her that was probably high enough.

Had mine for over a month now, wife has had no desire to drive it yet, she says its too big. She only drove my Denali a few times in the 115,000 miles we had it. I have to admit, the EB does seem larger.

She's driven it a time or two...we are both 'Type A' control freaks. I usually drive hers or mine when we are together...she occasionally gets to drive though. She's not exactly fond of driving the truck though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I traded my f350 in for the EB, now my wife drives the EB... She hated driving my superduty. So i drive our paid off 2010 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited. Either way its fine by me. I love that EB tho!

My Bride has driven the Eco Bost a few times but, she prefers to drive her Escape and that is fine with me as, she has few scratches on her escape and so far, I don't have any on the Eco Boost.

Discussion starter · #16 ·
Of course my wife can drive the thing. Jeez it's a truck not an airplane. If it gets broke, you fix it or replace it. You don't put a "thing" above your family.
This thread is more tongue in cheek than reality. I really don't think people here would put their truck before family.

SPPD

My daughter ( my demon spawn) drives the truck, plans to take her drivers test in it instead of the navigator, the wife hates driving my vehicles which goes back to when we were first married and she needed my exploder for something at work, when she pulled out of the driveway I said "if you scratch it just keep driving" now she'll make any excuse to not drive, but she upset that the second set of keys are the kids and not hers!

Reactions: TraciInTexas
My ex-wife was visiting and saw this thread title (she is a nice gal, we get along.) made the comment which I thought I would pass on, she said "you let the dog out, you let the children stay up late, and so forth. She's hell on wheels and drives whatever she wants, as long as it's not mine. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.