F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have an airaid intake and love it (mostly for the sound). I have done my research and it seems that LMS is the best choice for a tune. Just want to see if anyone has this setup and how they like it.

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
I'm running 2/3. No exhaust for me. I love the other 2 products. Of course, the aFe stage 2 has a higher performance rating but LMS does not sell it so you would have to make 2 separate orders.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What I don't like about the afe stage II is the MAF or MAP only takes readings from one of the filters. IMO it should be further down the pipe past the H pipe. It definitely is the most appealing, however

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't wait to pull the trigger on the LMS 91 tune. I would like to add downpipes also. I'm still torn on an exhaust. I would really like to hear one in person first

·
Registered
133 Posts
What I don't like about the afe stage II is the MAF or MAP only takes readings from one of the filters. IMO it should be further down the pipe past the H pipe. It definitely is the most appealing, however
It is truly irrelevant if it only reads from one pipe due to the fact that all it's reading is air temperature. Just a little heads up for you just in case you did not know. I was thinking the same thing when I first saw it.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to know. I already have the airaid system and happy with it. If these trucks had see thru hoods I would probably get a more aesthetically pleasing intake

·
Registered
133 Posts
Good to know. I already have the airaid system and happy with it. If these trucks had see thru hoods I would probably get a more aesthetically pleasing intake
That was the other intake I was considering but since everyone complained about the aFe and how much noise it made I had to go with it. LOL. Now what I can't choose is an exhaust I am also looking at the Heartthrob from what I have heard from sound clips it's really sounds the best but I am working with a custom exhaust place down here to see what we can come up with most likely straight pipes from the cats back dumping out before the rear tires. Don't really care if it's quiet as long as I don't lose power and it doesn't sound like a crappy V6.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Which exhaust shop?
I was talking to a small mom-and-pop shop here in Palm Beach but my tuner in Miami over at Precision Auto Works a guy named Louis (he is pretty well-known in the Mini Cooper and BMW world shoot he can get power out of anything). He has a high-end exhaust shop down in Miami he works with they do pretty incredible work. I don't know their name sorry I will let you know, I see you are from Miami, when I have more information.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
GJN25
F150 Ecoboost Forum
F150Ecoboost.net is the best Ford F150 Ecoboost Forum with discussions on 2011+ F150 Ecoboost Trucks. Discuss performance mods, towing questions, wheels, tires, lift kits, and much more!
Full Forum Listing