F150 Ecoboost Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know these have been mentioned in many posts, and we have a couple of vendors that sell them.

I wasn't able to find posts by anyone that's done these and has been running them for a while.

Who's got 'em? Have you....

Dyno tested?
Data logged?
Track Tested?
0-60 times?
How many miles have you run with them?

That sort of info is what I'm trying to find. I'm not up for larger turbos and major fuel system upgrades for me personally....

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Mine are beneath my passenger seat, and may never be installed....

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
It seems like everyone who has bought them are letting them "Lopez".

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
But I believe one of the MAK trucks was running them.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Mine are beneath my passenger seat, and may never be installed....
Well I still have a $150 credit on account with you right? :p

EDIT: BY the way, "under the passenger seat" doesn't count as a bolt-on mod. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Jme823

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But I believe one of the MAK trucks was running them.
Yep, and that video is the last thing that I personally saw on them.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Yep, and that video is the last thing that I personally saw on them.
MPT saw success with them, but has since opted for a turbo swap.

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
MPT ran them, we have been running them for a few years now. MPT switched to turbos now because they went through motor, but their 1/4mile record was set on Batmo Wheels.
I haven't had any custom disappointed with them. We can make a lot of power fast with them(Makes the truck very aggressive), but until we can provide fuel up top we can't really turn it up.

PM TurboPete on here. He drives the truck every single day with the batmo wheels. I know we have sold a good number of sets, but sometimes I can't put customer names to screen names.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Adrian.

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
I know these have been mentioned in many posts, and we have a couple of vendors that sell them.

I wasn't able to find posts by anyone that's done these and has been running them for a while.

Who's got 'em? Have you....

Dyno tested?
Data logged?
Track Tested?
0-60 times?
How many miles have you run with them?

That sort of info is what I'm trying to find. I'm not up for larger turbos and major fuel system upgrades for me personally....

TurboPete's truck has had dyno graphs posted.
We have datalogged Batmo Wheels more times than I can count, but not sure what you are trying to find there.
MPT ran 11.2x's with the Batmo Wheels.
0-60 times I have no idea.
TurboPete's Truck has run I want to say 20,000+ miles driving and towing his boat. since we installed them.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
The Batmo-bile lost it's wheel and joker got away! :) Get LET turbos. I rather swap mine out than to tear into them and screw something up.
Wouldnt you need the turbo rotating assembly rebalanced after installing the wheel. They came out with a Wicked Wheel for my Jeep Diesel and were trying to tell us you could just slap it on. I dont see how that would work if Garret balances the rotating assemblies as one unit from the factory. The whole thing could be in balance but the individual pieces may not be?

Reactions: stevenmverrill

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Batmo-bile lost it's wheel and joker got away! :) Get LET turbos. I rather swap mine out than to tear into them and screw something up.
A killer upgrade and no doubt a Kick-A$$ deal for what you're getting for $2k. But not in my budget. I don't have D.I.N.K. (nor Pinero) style disposable income like some guys here have. ;)

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TurboPete's truck has had dyno graphs posted.
We have datalogged Batmo Wheels more times than I can count, but not sure what you are trying to find there.
MPT ran 11.2x's with the Batmo Wheels.
0-60 times I have no idea.
TurboPete's Truck has run I want to say 20,000+ miles driving and towing his boat. since we installed them.
Thanks again Adrian. I'm trying to determine if the risk/reward/expense is worth it. I put a lot of miles on my truck in a year, which was why that part of the question. I don't drag race my truck, but the 0-60 gain for the occasional DB in a Ram or Silveraydo at a light might be my cup of tea. As far as data logging, outside of a tune, I was just wondering if anyone is seeing anything to be concerned about on AFR's, EGT's , that sort of thing.

·
Supporting Vendor
482 Posts
Thanks again Adrian. I'm trying to determine if the risk/reward/expense is worth it. I put a lot of miles on my truck in a year, which was why that part of the question. I don't drag race my truck, but the 0-60 gain for the occasional DB in a Ram or Silveraydo at a light might be my cup of tea. As far as data logging, outside of a tune, I was just wondering if anyone is seeing anything to be concerned about on AFR's, EGT's , that sort of thing.
The data logging would not show anything of concern if tuned properly. That is why tuning is required(MPT, Unleashed, and Ourselves have been properly tuning Batmo Wheeled Trucks for a good while now). A properly tuned and mechanically sound truck no matter the mods would show the same information on a datalog. If a log is showing anything to be concerned about with AFR, EGT, etc... then something is not functioning as intended, its either a mechanical issue, or improper tuning. Im not sure if im expressing it correctly without writing a book, but you could take a Tuned stock truck and a Batmo Wheeled/Intake/Tune/Exhaust/DP Truck and the Datalog would read the same by just looking at the log if it is tuned correctly. Regardless of the mods a tuner still wants x amount of fuel,timing, a desired AFR, etc....

Now while you are writing a tune, then the information in theory is a guide to let you know where you are and where you need to be.

I hope that kind of explains what I was trying to say. Typing this a mile a minute.

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The data logging would not show anything of concern if tuned properly. That is why tuning is required(MPT, Unleashed, and Ourselves have been properly tuning Batmo Wheeled Trucks for a good while now). A properly tuned and mechanically sound truck no matter the mods would show the same information on a datalog. If a log is showing anything to be concerned about with AFR, EGT, etc... then something is not functioning as intended, its either a mechanical issue, or improper tuning. Im not sure if im expressing it correctly without writing a book, but you could take a Tuned stock truck and a Batmo Wheeled/Intake/Tune/Exhaust/DP Truck and the Datalog would read the same by just looking at the log if it is tuned correctly. Regardless of the mods a tuner still wants x amount of fuel,timing, a desired AFR, etc....

Now while you are writing a tune, then the information in theory is a guide to let you know where you are and where you need to be.

I hope that kind of explains what I was trying to say. Typing this a mile a minute.
No I get how it works dude, but what you typed will be helpful to some guys that might not....

I guess where I was going, is the increased boost/power pushing the limits of the fuel system or intake/exhaust on these trucks, past a SAFE limit that a tune can compensate for?

And to that, I feel like your answer is NO. With a tune tweaked for these wheels, you're not running into concerns of detonation, lean burn, high egt's and that sort of thing.

I wonder where they rented the first truck to burn down while writing the initial tune.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts